PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Smith's The Passion of the Clerks

arsaib4
08-30-2004, 09:15 PM
From Variety,

Filmmaker Kevin Smith is set to direct his own screenplay of "The Passion of the Clerks," a sequel to his first film, 1994's "Clerks." Miramax Films will distribute

The sequel was written for the stars of the original film, Brian O'Halloran and Jeff Anderson. Smith also will make an appearance with longtime sidekick Jason Mewes. The story follows the Quik Stop convenience store employees of the original "Clerks" 10 years later. Principal photography is set to begin in January.

"After working on the 'Clerks' 10th-anniversary DVD for the better part of the last year, I fell in love with the characters all over again," Smith said. "The whole process reminded me why I got into the film business in the first place: to make talky, low-budget comedies. So I wrote this script about the older and not-so wiser Dante and Randal, as they try to deal with a decade of further disillusionment, even less sex and eroding pop culture."

A three-disc 10th-anniversary DVD release of the film, titled "Clerks X," is due Sept. 7 from Miramax Collectors Series. It will include the original theatrical version of the film, an extended Sundance Film Festival cut and a new documentary.

Smith, who most recently directed "Jersey Girl," is writing a screen adaptation of the comic book and television superhero "The Green Hornet," also for Miramax. He is repped by Endeavor.

HorseradishTree
08-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Cool. I recall that it was originally to be called Clerks 2: Hardly Clerkin'. I'm assuming it'll be in B&W again?

Brice
08-30-2004, 10:35 PM
I read that the new film will be in both black and white
and colour.

I also read that it will be Smith's best script to date as
he is letting out a great deal with this cast. As for
the rumour that Jersey Girl was to be the last production
from ViewAskew, I am glad that it might end where it
started.

I don't know if I like the title, but hey, what's in a title?

arsaib4
08-30-2004, 11:30 PM
This might be the last chance Kevin Smith has to redeem himself from all the garbage he has made lately.

Since 'The Passion' takes place 10 years later, should we expect Dante (Brian O'Halloran ) working as a guidance counselor and Randal (Jeff Anderson) to be mopping jizz?

Chris Knipp
02-24-2005, 07:03 PM
I hope he does redeem himself.... We'll see.