PDA

View Full Version : curious to know..

Johann
09-25-2002, 01:09 AM
Has anyone seen Julie Taymor's "Titus"? It stars Tony Hopkins as Titus Andronicus & Alan Cumming as Saturninus.

This Shakespearean monstrosity is my favorite guilty pleasure film. I've seen it over 15 times now and I still can't admire it enough. Subject matter aside- it's very grim- the craftsmanship should make any film fan take serious note. The set pieces are stunning, the modern flourishes are just right, the COSTUMES!- I could go on & on.....
Am I daft or am I on to something?

fuzzy_nolan
10-07-2002, 12:14 AM
You're not the only one. I thought Titus was fantastic.

Johann
10-07-2002, 10:12 PM
Cheers, man....

BTW, your country's red wine is the finest on earth if I may be so bold. (Greg Norman's Cabernet Merlot is particularly exquisite)

pmw
10-07-2002, 10:14 PM
>(Greg Norman's Cabernet Merlot is particularly exquisite)

The golfer?

P

Johann
10-07-2002, 10:45 PM
Yep the golfer. I'm not kidding, his wine is beyond reproach...

jacobic216
10-11-2002, 11:15 PM
I'll be honest. The first time I saw "Titus" I didn't like it. My friend managed to sit me down to watch it again and I found it most unusual. Unusual films appeal to me so that time it took. I've recommended it several times since then.

bix171
11-07-2002, 07:52 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with "Titus" save it's uncanny set resemblance to "Caligula". Other than that, I found it easy to follow, innovative and wacky. (I loved the Roman soldiers' choreographed movements.)