PDA

View Full Version : Alexander (2004)

hengcs
07-31-2005, 01:17 PM
It seems like the director has deleted 18 minutes from the movie and reinstated nine minutes.

Does anyone know
-- what has been deleted?
-- what has been reinstated?

Is the DVD worth buying?

arsaib4
07-31-2005, 03:51 PM
There is an existing thread on this topic. Here (http://www.filmwurld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1356) it is.

HorseradishTree
08-02-2005, 12:57 AM
From what I've read on IMDB threads by folks who have seen it, it sounds like I'd enjoy the theatrical version more. The Director's Cut removes most of the homosexual references, which greatly puzzles me, as I can't see why a scene like Hephaestion's death would be important anymore. The sex scene with Rosario Dawson is extended, Ptolemy has considerably less screen (and voiceover) time, and there is more combat, especially in the Elephant scene.
I'm gonna wait to see some more reviews, and make my decision as to what to purchase.

HorseradishTree
08-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Well, I made an executive decision, and i went with the Theatrical Version. I was perturbed by the fact that the front cover of the Director's Cut said "Faster Paced and More Action-Packed!" I honor Oliver Stone's decision to do a director's cut, but ultimately it seems like he's trying really hard to appeal to more people with it. At least, unlike Lucas, the Tool of the Century, he's released both versions.