PDA

View Full Version : One hour photo review

jrummer
10-07-2002, 10:05 AM
I enjoyed this movie very well. My girlfriend and I saw the sneak preview and found it delightful. I personally enjoy a movie that bends the normal Hollywood formula. Most people will say William's chraracter was a sociopath or completely bonkers, when in fact, I believe he was more normal than most people in the movie. Movies like this are given to the real thinkers out there and realize that being a little odd doesn't make you a whacko. Oh wait, this is a movie review...almost forget. If you enjoy a good thriller with a suprising amount of humor....check this one out. The direction, sequences, pristene sets all made for a wonderful visual experience. I never really thought about how a super clean set can keep your eyes on what's happening....I guess its the removal of distraction. The casting was perfect, all the choices for dialogue were well thought out. Even the little props here and there really made the movie stand out. Hope this helps.

pmw
10-07-2002, 10:18 AM
The clean set seems to be well-suited to Williams character. Its the visual equivalent to his psychological state. And as you say, he may not be the wacko in this movie; just the most pristine.

P

PS Curious to know what other films you like (hint: add them to your profile!).

tabuno
10-07-2002, 08:17 PM
I would think that there is a question about William's character's mental state in this movie. The biggest sign was his being fired by the store manager on the basis on how he treated a customer and the technician. His obsession to detail apparently had significant dysfunctional outcomes socially and employment-wise.

jrummer
10-07-2002, 09:35 PM
he got fired cuz he stole prints. it was later learned why.

tabuno
10-08-2002, 12:36 AM
Mental behavior that leads to stealing prints, hundreds of someone else's private property raises some disturbing questions. What else is this person capable of in ensuring a happy, artificially created family? What's next? Forced humiliation? Actual physical threats? What is this apparently peaceful (on the surface) man capable of in order to obtain peace within himself without regard to other people, caught up in a fairytale world that has no parallel in reality. What happens when that fantasy comes crashing down? While people want happy Robin William endings, while this person is a sympathetic character, in reality, if some stranger or person you were only acquainted with, did something similar to you, there may be a different emotional reaction.