PDA

View Full Version : One of the best movies I have seen in years

EdAberdeen
07-28-2002, 12:49 PM
This is the story of a woman of Greek ancestry who falls in love with a non-Greek and struggles to get her family to accept him while she comes to terms with her heritage and cultural identity.

This movie is one of the best ones that I have seen in years. It is not being advertised much in the media but is getting excellent word of mouth reviews. My neighbor loved it so much that I had to go and see it. Their daughter-in-law loved it so much that she took her mother-in-law and saw it a second time.

Here is my word of mouth review: DON'T MISS IT.

You do not have to be Greek to appreciate it. However; if you are Greek, it would be a shame not to see it. :-) It is easy to substitute Italian, Jewish, Spanish or any other culture. We all feel more comfortable with our own people but there is an excitement in expanding our horizons and learning about the many other cultures in our wonderful world. I believe that we all have more in common than we have differences. If you love life, people, food, dance, romance, family and a great deal of laughing at ourselves, you will love this movie. The lead actress wrote the screenplay and the entire cast is outstanding.

Peace... Ed of Aberdeen
http://hometown.aol.com/edaberdeen/index.html
Look for good in every person and every situation.
You'll almost always find it.
It is not selfishness to live as you see fit.
Selfishness is insisting that other people live as you see fit.

Pullen
09-13-2002, 05:26 PM
.......Probably won't do well here in the United Kingdom, it's sounds interesting and all but many feel you can't have a wedding movie without good ol' Hugh Grant making an appearence! Oh well I guess we'll just have to settle for Joey Fotane instead...N*Sync style!!!

pmw
09-13-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Pullen
.......Probably won't do well here in the United Kingdom, it's sounds interesting and all but many feel you can't have a wedding movie without good ol' Hugh Grant making an appearence! Oh well I guess we'll just have to settle for Joey Fotane instead...N*Sync style!!!

That's funny. The same was probably true here until he got caught in the back seat with his paid companion. Didnt really bother me so much, but he seems to have been scarred by the publicity.