PDA

View Full Version : New site design

pmw
08-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Im going to be overhauling the site in January of next year and thought I would start a thread to get suggestions. In addition to the forums, there will be more space given to site editorial (the festivals that are covered by members, new film reviews, dvd reviews etc). I think it will be a nice addition. If you have any thoughts on other features that you'd like to see, feel free to post them here. Thanks!
Peter

HorseradishTree
08-12-2006, 08:24 PM
An animated mascot named Old Man Jubis.

oscar jubis
08-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Design directions: salt 'n peppa hair, bushy eyebrows, Karl Malden nose and baby blues, bloodshot from relentless movie-watching.
Tree can be my youthful sidekick and take dictation during press screenings ;)

pmw
08-17-2006, 11:31 AM
An animated mascot named Old Man Jubis.

No doubt. That's been in the works for a while now. Having trouble making the bushy eyebrows move up and down...

tabuno
08-18-2006, 12:55 AM
I wish you would bring back the access for archive films that is now separate from the rest forums on the homepage. Every so often, a past film raises interest on the spur of the moment. Access on the homepage would help to increase discussion of such thoughts on important movies.

pmw
08-18-2006, 08:24 AM
The Archives are listed at the very bottom of the Etc category. The kind of blend in, but they are there!
Peter

tabuno
08-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks for pointing out the Archive location, but due to the blending phenomenon, I've missed it. It would help if you could somehow use the same format for Archive as you did for Etc. (a continuous line to the end of the left margin and then place some of the threads on a whitebackground like you did with Lounge, Filmmakers, and Suggestions and move it above the Etc. Forum on the Homepage.

tabuno
08-18-2006, 10:47 PM
It's sometimes amazing that this interactive electronic highway actually becomes tantalizingly responsive. Too bad that electronic government doesn't work the same way. I just hope that my idea increases internet discussion and useage on this website.

pmw
08-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Glad it's to your liking. I think its an improvement. I hope people will peruse the archives and use them as active discussions.
P

pmw
08-22-2006, 06:38 PM
So I've been playing with google's adsense program. Presumably it will provide relevant links, aka ads (dont worry, just curious about how it works), for your site. It did an analysis of one page and returned the following:

Oscar Cologne
Top Selection of Men's Cologne & Fragrance. Shop by Brand.
www.StrawberryNET.com

Who knew?! Oscar has his own cologne!
P

cinemabon
08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
I thought he had a certain 'air' about him!

oscar jubis
08-29-2006, 04:45 PM
:)
Now y'all know my fame reaches beyond FilmLeaf.