PDA

View Full Version : Website Down Time?

tabuno
11-26-2007, 03:11 AM
This site was down for a number of days - something about accounting. It would be nice to know if this site is precariously surviving so that if so, I can download or copy some stuff that I have here onto my harddisk for future safekeeping. So is this site about to crash permanently? Or not?

Johann
11-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Chris would be the best one to ask on that.
I've made hard copies of a lot of stuff just in case we disappear.

Maybe the Bush Admin doesn't like what I have to say?
Maybe we're terrorists?
Maybe Cheney thinks I talk to Al-Queda every second Friday?

pmw
11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Sorry bout that. Credit card mixup. IVe got a backup of the entire db. In case something were to happen (i.e. a massive flood, the server melts etc) all of the writing would be in tact and retrieveable... sorry for the inconvenience. Im also in gradschool at the moment and not always on this planet. later on,
P

tabuno
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM
No problem. I'm just impressed that this site even exists and at least for now I'm not paying for any of it. Glitches I can easily live with.

cinemabon
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
We do have an interesting bunch. If it is a question of money. Please feel free to privately email me, PMW, and I'd be glad to donate. I know you take a lot onto yourself.

However, I would like to go on record that I'd never have met Tab, Bilix, Howard Schumann, Johann, Chris Knipp or Oscar Jubis (please excuse if I misspelled) had it not been for this site. Not only have a learned more about film from this site in particular; I like to think I gave back what I got out. What is that worth to me? Plenty.

oscar jubis
12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I've never joined any chat sites or done any internet dating or anything like that, but I think of fellow members as friends. Maybe it's weird to feel this way about people one hasn't handshake(d) or even seen, but the feeling is genuine and undeniable.

Johann
12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
The only other place where I write about movies is on the imdb and I haven't put anything up there in a while.

Filmleaf is home for a few of us, and we don't want to see it leave the internet anytime soon.
We all love movies here, and we all want to give the
cinema the respect it deserves.
It's an honor to be part of a passionate film forum with genuinely passionate people.

I think we have vitality

pmw
01-28-2008, 04:09 PM
cheers!

finally got around to updating the images. nudge me with an email when it gets unbearable.

long term - id like to revamp the site completely and give the main users the ability to edit/change portions of the site as they see fit. More of a community editorial process.... alot of technical work and ive been talking about it for a while but perhaps this summer when school is over.............................. in the meantime thanks for your patience with the somewhat clunky digs.
P

Johann
01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks man. Better late than never..

It's nice to have new pics...