PDA

View Full Version : Ridley Scott's KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

Johann
02-19-2008, 04:36 PM
I splurged and bought myself the 4-disc set of Kingdom of Heaven, a fine, fine DVD release.

Without getting into it too much here it's a gorgeous, violent, captivating film that casts a hypnotic spell on a viewer.
Sir Ridley says it was the hardest film he's made in many ways, and the visual splendor is quite astounding.

I hate to say it, but this one is better than one of my personal faves- Oliver Stone's Alexander.
This film is just better.

Chris Knipp
07-26-2008, 01:59 AM
We had a little discussion of this movie when it came out and I reviewed (http://www.filmwurld.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=11296) it on this site.

oscar jubis
07-26-2008, 08:55 AM
The set Johann bought includes Scott's preferred cut of the film. It's 49 minutes longer than the theatrical release. It has the potential to render the theatrical cut of the film obsolete. I think the most valid complaints about the otherwise laudable theatrical cut was its disjointedness and that the character of Sibylla receives insufficient screen time. Reportedly the director's cut addresses those concerns. I plan to watch it when I get a chance.