PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Living Under A Rock

tabuno
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
It's like most people on this Website speak an entirely different language from the rest of the public. There are titles to movies that are completely unspoken and unknown in the rest of us. I apparently remain in the conservative, Republican state of Utah that seems to have remained a decade behind the rest of the Country with only the Sundance Film Festival to inject some cultural light into the State. However, with ticket prices $15 plus a hefty handling charge which is expensive compared to Utah's lower cost of living and with most of the screening venues in the relatively big City (Salt Lake) to the south miles away or Park City which is in the exclusive niche of mountains far to the southeast, the top of Utah (northern regions of Utah, it's a big state if you'd care to look on a map) and with my unemployment, it sure makes it hard to see much of what might be called art films. I managed to pick up two screening tickets, one for 11:30 p.m. on a Monday in that faraway place called Park City, in their City library. At least perhaps, I'll get to see a small peek at what everybody else is talking about on this site (even though I'll probably be half asleep).

Johann
01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks Tabuno. Definitely please post what you see.
You're in the Sundance State and I would be there every year if I lived in that area. It's one of my future goals to attend that festival at least once.
The new Doors documentary "When You're Strange" premieres there tomorrow night I think. I was actually considering flying down there for just that one screening but logic and financial perspective told me no.

tabuno
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Why not make it a film and sporting event experience, you get a two-for-one package and the Salt Lake International Airport has a great reputation for having on-time arrivals and departures. The food is good in Park City, at least. So why not make it a skiing, film, and food fest. Can't pass up such a deal. We'll have "I-80" from the airport to Parley's Way up to Park City rebuilt for you for next year.

Johann
01-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Skiing? Hmm..I don't know.
I skied once in my life and I nearly broke my legs.
I'd probably slam into a tree or bonk my head on a rock.

Snowboarding might be more agreeable (it seems way more fun).
With skiing there's too much risk of going out of control I think.
If you fall snowboarding, you just fall backwards or forwards into the snow.
Skiing, you can go ass over teakettle, your poles can impale you or somebody else, you can fuck your back up or break bones.
I'm not that limber. You have to have some degree of physical fitness to ski and I'm a lazy bastard.
My sport is the Toker's Bowl. (For sheezy my neezy!)

OK, I agree Snoop-bonics is getting kinda old.
But it's good for laugh.
Whenever I say "'Fo shizzle" around a black dude, he ALWAYS cracks up. Wouldn't you if you were a brother?
Think about it: you're a black man, and some white bread cracker says "Fo Shizzle". It would make you lose it.