PDA

View Full Version : SUPERMAN: cinematic treatments?

Johann
11-27-2009, 11:18 AM
I just found out that the rights to make Superman films have been taken away from Warner Brothers and DC Comics.
A judge ruled in august apparently that the family of Jerry Siegel has the exclusive rights to the cinematic treatments for the iconic Man of Steel. Warner Brothers has until 2011 to get a picture in development before the rights revert to the Siegel family.

I have no truck with the Siegel family being given control of the character. He created the Hero, with Joe Shuster. It's only right.
My concerns are with how they will handle the character's direction for the movies. Many fans would like to see a Superman movie every year or two, FOREVER.
A series of Superman films that destroy, frankly.
With what is capable of being accomplished with special effects and sets today, there is no reason on this earth why we can't have astounding feature films with the Man of Steel to marvel at.

Warner Brothers is merging with DC Comics to create "DC Entertainment", an umbrella for DC Comics movies. I love it.
Two of my favorite corporate entities joining forces.
I think they should be the top studio/production juggernaut on the planet. Hopefully it happens. Marvel comics are kicking ass in the cinema department, and I think it's a damn shame that DC/Warners can't get a Superman movie off the ground.

I loved Superman Returns. In 2006 that was exactly the movie I needed to see. I was overjoyed to see Superman back.
But it's 3 years ago, and I'm seriously jonesing for another Superman picture. One that is balls-to-the-WALL.
One that has him battling a 500-foot Brainiac in a 45-minute action scene cataclysm in downtown Metropolis. With buildings being demolished and people being flung to their deaths every few seconds. Give Superman the fight of his life, like the fight scenes in that animated Superman/Doomsday movie. Just rock people's socks off. Have their jaws drop in disbelief. In short, make Superman the fucking KING of action movies. He deserves no less. I love what's been done before with the Supes films, but we really gotta kick it up a notch here. Superman is the ultimate action hero. He's practically indestructible. SHOW THAT SHIT. Get. It. On. Bang that kryptonite GONG.

The Wachowskis and James McTeague have been rumoured to be attached to Superman, but nothing is confirmed. They could do something brilliant with Superman. I know they could. They could make a Superman movie that brings the fuckin' goods, man.
I really hope they can get something going there.
Those are real visionary artists, those guys.
I appreciate their talents and I know for a fact that they could do something original and wicked-ass cool with it.

Johann
09-08-2013, 04:35 AM
My wish came true.
What I wrote above in November 2009 came true.

MAN OF STEEL is exactly what I asked for.
Balls-to-the-WALL.