PDA

View Full Version : biting the bullet

pmw
12-27-2009, 12:37 PM
here we go, upgrading the forums today and we'll see what happens. There will not be any loss of data / writing that anyone has done, but the aesthetics are going to get wiped out (the design part of the site). So I'll be rebuilding those over time. Bear with me as we undertake this much needed, long overdue upgrade to our site.
P

pmw
12-27-2009, 07:06 PM
ok, well things went fairly smoothly so far. Please be patient as I'll be continuing to make thing over and upgrade throughout the day. Might want to cut/paste any new posts you're trying to make. thanks.
Peter
PS this will allow us to accept new members safely and generally upgrade the systems which the site needs desperately. Going to be a little ugly for a while.

pmw
12-28-2009, 05:39 PM
So here we are with new software, a new domain and a new design (in very much of a sketch form at the moment).

It was time to do all of this. By upgrading the software we should be able to reopen membership and not have too much spam to contend with. The new software should be a lot more robust although I am just beginning to explore it fully.

Let me know how it feels!

More images, bells and whistles to come as I figure it all out (the site is now written in a completely new language to me, so it will take a few weeks to untangle).

Thanks,
Peter

oscar jubis
12-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for your efforts Peter. I am glad the new software will facilitate accepting new members. I imagine that access to festival reports will be restored.

cinemabon
12-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Good lord we've gone widescreen! Cool! I even like the color scheme - UNC colors! Go North Carolina!

pmw
12-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Yes, festival coverage just needs to be relinked. Here is a temporary link while I'm working through all of this:

http://www.filmleaf.net/forumdisplay.php?251-Festivals

The "home" page will eventually have an image bar on the right like the old site. The inside pages will look very similar to how they look now and will indeed be "widescreen".

Thanks!