PDA

View Full Version : Kino International

Johann
07-22-2003, 02:01 PM
This company is just as important as The Criterion Collection.
Check out their website at www.kino.com

You'll see a whole slew of crucial films restored and packaged brilliantly. (And usually at a 30% discount!)

They just announced a series of early european films. (including Riefenstahl's THE HOLY MOUNTAIN )

08-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Great post in recongnizing film at the forefront of cinema history. Solid recommendation here for checking out Kino as well. I have the Grittith DVD collection and will most likely dig deep for the Keaton soon. Awesome stuff.
Duke

HorseradishTree
08-05-2003, 06:38 PM
I love Kino. They finally brought out stuff by Buster Keaton on DVD. For that I commend them.

Chris Knipp
09-01-2003, 12:39 PM
Would recommend the new documentary, CHARLIE: THE LIFE AND ART OF CHARLES CHAPLIN, by Richard Schickel, which premiered in Washington DC in June and ought to be coming around the country some time soon. An excellent assessment and description of Chaplin's career and material from good interviews with Johnny Depp, Woody Allen, Marcel Marceau, Martin Scorsese, Milos Forman, Richard Attenborough, and others.

Johann
08-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Kino is releasing the definitive 2-disc DVD set of
Sergei Eisenstein's Battleship Potemkin on Oct. 23rd

Check out the website for details on this must-buy release (if you're a die-hard film buff that is).

Kino is like Criterion. They do God's work...