PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo Will Get Oscar Nod

tabuno
08-05-2003, 01:01 AM
How about another animated feature film to get nominated for an Oscar Best Picture? With the rapid, box-office sensation, Finding Nemo, is already one of the the best movies and popular with the audience. Like Titanic, it has momentum that will carry it through to next March 2004.

tabuno
08-29-2003, 01:49 AM
July 29 USA Today announce that Finding Nemo and Seabisquit are the two early favorites that have Oscar buzz about them. Whether or not they can maintain the buzz until next year depends. But so far, I've put my own money down on these two for Best Picture.

Johann
09-04-2003, 09:52 PM
It was all Disney this summer.

Finding Nemo will not get the nod.

It will win the gong. It's better than Shrek to me.

tabuno
09-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Are you referring to the Gong Show for terrible movie but at the same time saying it was great because it was better than Shrek but it won't get an Oscar nod because it is bad and good?

Johann
09-05-2003, 02:35 AM
What I'm saying is: Finding Nemo will win the oscar for best animated feature.

The word "gong" is the slang term in Britain for "oscar trophy".

I apologize for confusing you.

tabuno
09-05-2003, 11:28 AM
There is something really "cool" about how British speak and how they spell words. It's "neat" to be able to get a British perspective.

You may be right about Finding Nemo and best animation but one year the lines between animation and live acting will cross and an animated movie will be nominated for best picture. I still can see Finding Nemo getting an acknowledgement (it's like Best Foreign Picture being nominated for Best Picture).

oscar jubis
09-16-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by tabuno
one year the lines between animation and live acting will cross and an animated movie will be nominated for best picture. I still can see Finding Nemo getting an acknowledgement (it's like Best Foreign Picture being nominated for Best Picture).

Who can name the foreign language films who've received best picture noms and the one animated film that has received a nomination for Best Picture?

Johann
09-16-2003, 02:08 AM
Beauty and the Beast was nominated for Best Picture

Foreign films? The Last Emperor? That's all off the top of my head.

oscar jubis
09-16-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Johann
Beauty and the Beast was nominated for Best Picture
Yes, it was. Not The Lion King or Fantasia or Pinocchio or Pan or Snow White. Not surprised it's you with the right answer.

Foreign films? The Last Emperor? That's all off the top of my head.
Mandarin and Japanese are spoken briefly in EMPEROR but most of the dialogue is in English, whereas the theatrical version of CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON was 100% Mandarin. It's the most recent foreign language film nominated in the general Best Picture category. There are others...