PDA

View Full Version : Terence Malick's CHE

Johann
09-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Steven Soderbergh is apparently producing a new film by the enigmatic Terrence Malick. It's a bio-pic on the argentinian comandante Che Guevara. Who's playing Che?
Benicio del Toro, who is the same age now as Che was when he was killed. Benicio as a master of guerilla warfare? Hell yes.

I can't wait to see this film. (Although knowing Malick, I'll be waiting a long time).

I've been anticipating a Guevara flick forever, but I feared the worst: a shitty director taking a stab. Master Malick will do it right. Especailly with the great Benicio. This flick will be revolucion!!!

pmw
12-07-2003, 02:49 PM
This should be awesome. Soderbergh/Malick! An exciting combo to say the least. Any idea on release dates? I think the combo means that you'll see it faster than you think. Soderbergh is a project task master. Really turns stuff out. Malick on the other hand...their production meeting should be interesting...

Johann
12-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes, I've earmarked this project as a holy-grail type of film.

Benicio has the skills to bring Che to life, and with Malick it has the air of poetry swirling around it.

I can see Benicio now, an AK on his hip, beret just so, staring into space, tempting the gods...

Johann
06-29-2004, 04:09 PM
*NEWS FLASH*: Terence Malick is not directing CHE!

Steven Soderbergh has taken over the direction. It's still starring Benicio del Toro, and new names added to the production are Franka Potente and Ryan Gosling.

Malick has left the project for unknown reasons. He's now working on a film with Colin Farrell. Too bad- Malick's version would be poetry. Soderbergh is not known for poetics, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's got skills to pay the bills...