PDA

View Full Version : Narc with Jason Patric and Ray Liotta

jrummer
10-01-2003, 08:50 PM
I saw this over the weekend thanks to Netflix and I will say one thing to set the stage....this movie was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. The director Joe Carnahan did some amazing stuff. Cool story, amazing camera work, great tension, awesome acting. There is a reason why this guy is directing M:I 3. Please lord let him save it from that moron John Woo and his total desecration of the M:I franchise.

I recommend this movie to anyone that likes a good cop thriller with perfect direction. And if you disagree, I will handcuff you to the chair and beat you into submission.

Chris Knipp
10-04-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm glad you've joined those who appreciated this quickly buried movie and don't want us to forget it. I wrote a comment on it on IMDb that got a favorable comment from Joe Carnahan himself, which suggested I had a clue about what he was trying to do. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0272207/usercomments-58

New Yorker critic David Denby said Carnahan redefined the cop thriller genre in this movie. “A blood-soaked, hellish experience,” he wrote, “—a midnight special for lovers of a violent genre – yet it has been made with a mixture of ferocity and sweetness which leaves one exhausted but at peace.”

Something like that!

I'm glad the M:I franchise mantle has passed to Joe Carnahan. He should do something interesting with it.