PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys Check out my film its coming soon

Hidai-Friedman
10-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone,
I'd like to thank everyone who was helpful in making my film "That's Life...?" It's done now and looks good. We will be hitting the festivals soon, but for those of you who want to know what its all about checkout the website http://www.flyingpigproductions.ca/thatslife[/URL]

Anyways check it out

Hidai

hidai@flyingpigproductions.ca

Johann
10-23-2003, 05:40 PM
I gotta sound off first.

You're gonna hate me, Hidai.

I was going to be silent, but I must speak my mind on this one.

Your film looks like it sucks big time. I can SEE the ego oozing out of this "production". Your stills look like a 90210 photo album. Cell phones, Bel-Air sets? The actors look like people who live in yaletown 24-7. Who cares about the fantasies of rich "biz" types?
Not me, martha.

I have no interest in your film from what I see on your website.
You have ambition, but man, does it look phony.

P.S. I'm surprised this is the kind of film you want to make after looking at your profile. Are you inspired by Kubrick, Fellini or Kurosawa? This film has all the evidence of NO.

Hidai-Friedman
10-23-2003, 06:28 PM
well apperantly you don't understand what the who satire is, because that's what we did, but if you didn't get that its all good
to each his own.
However I wish you well in anycase

Hidai

ps- you sound bitter

frindegill
10-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Hey Hidai,
Looks interesting, I like spoofs on the industry but it will be your second one.
Don't pay attention to Johann his type don't get humor especially intelligent one. I bet he is another frustrated filmmaker/writer and he has to diss anyone who makes it or on his way to making it.

Later dude

Johann
10-24-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm in no way bitter. I'm not a writer or a filmmaker. (Although I have written scripts and plan on making some personal films).

I read your synopsis. I understand the satire part, but I have trouble with the STORY. Two people have fantasies. Yes. They conflict with real life. Yes. Sounds like everyday life. How is it different from real life is my question. Where's the cinema?

In other words, WHERE'S THE BEEF? The MEAT? The FLESH and BONE?

I'm more of a NBK type of satire lover. (As you can probably tell).

Hidai-Friedman
10-24-2003, 01:35 PM
So where is the cinema you ask, well how can you tell where it is if you haven't even seen it?
In test screenings we got real good feedbacks for our cinematic approach, but it is hardly the place to explain what we did, so either youll have to watch the film or I can tell you personally
just to give you a hint we did something very similar to 8 1/2 im sure youve seen it so you probably know what im talking about
but anyways im sure if you dont get it you can ask someone

Johann
10-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Looks can be deceiving, I'll admit that.

I'm going to try to see this for 3 reasons:

1. Inspired by 8 1/2
2. You and I are astronomically compatible. (Check out our respective birthdates)
3. You didn't lose your cool when I spouted off.

Hidai-Friedman
10-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Good stuff thats the right attitude