PDA

View Full Version : Can Light-Weight Movies Be Good Films?

tabuno
11-09-2003, 12:16 PM
After having seen "Love Actually," a light=weight, comedy drama with a heavy British cast, started me thinking that perhaps a light-weight movie could actually be a good film. The exquisite blend of comedy and drama and the intermixing of separate stories that were so easily comprehended is a tribute to both the script, directing, and the cast. I'm also reminded of "It's a Wonderful Life," "Working Girl," "Tootsie," "Pretty Woman," and even "Nemo." Each of these movies were memorable and have had lasting presence and recognition - everyone except Nemo standing the test of time.

While this board seems to delve into heavy, non-popular movie fare most never having been seen by most people, I wonder what is it that these light-weight movies are missing that seem to resonate as strongly if not more strongly in the public conscienousness?

pmw
11-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Ive heard that Love Actually is a good one, and wouldnt mind seeing it. I think that of course light-weight movies can be good. Not sure how that is defined exactly, but suffice it to say that good is good is good... which is all subjective.