PDA

View Full Version : Tres bon Animation

Johann
11-28-2003, 01:23 PM
I'm seeing this film at the European Union Festival on Dec. 6- the day after I get back from France!. I leave tomorrow!

"Triplettes" caused a sensation at Cannes, and I can't wait to see it.

I know it'll be a special work of art.

Johann
12-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Well, I saw The Triplettes of Belleville.

I arrived at the cinematheque to find a line that stretched about 75 metres from the doors.

Luckily the manager let me in thru the passholders door- but not without saying "You'll have to stand, J. We're sold out tonight. Stand at the back."

So I watched Triplettes in it's entirety (80 mins.) while leaning against the back wall. Was it worth it?

Hell yes!!!!

This was one of the greatest animated films ever made. I won't even attempt to describe it to you, except to say that it is funnier than Finding Nemo, more creative than Shrek, and it had me smiling from ear to ear. Man, what a great animated movie!

My perspective from the back of the theatre allowed me to absorb the crowds' reaction. It was almost more entertaining watching the crowd crack up than the film itself!

France is number 3 in the world for production of animated films, and with stuff like "Triplettes" being cranked out, it's no wonder why. CHECK IT OUT