PDA

View Full Version : What is YOUR opinion?

the_king_
12-13-2003, 01:07 AM
Me and a friend were casually having a conversation on our film tastes. Most film taste is subjective, but there are many films that are universally accepted as being excellent. Anyways, I came to the conclusion that his film taste is lacking in some areas and I wanted to get some opinions on the people on this board. Tell me what you think:

My friend's taste:

-He hated Gangs of New York
-He doesn't think Martin Scorsese is that good of a director, and doesn't place him in the top 5 greatest living american directors.
-He thinks the film 'Scarface' is boring.
- He thinks that Spike Jonze is one of the 5 greatest directors of all time.
- He finds that Matrix Reloaded Chase Seqence boring.
- He feels that Darren Aronfosky has limited talent as a filmmaker.
- He thinks that Age of Innocence is a complete waste of time.
- He feels Quentin Taratino isn't that good of a filmmaker. He thinks Guy Ritchie is better.
- He didn't really like Pulp Fiction.
- His favorite romance film of all time is "Before Sunrise".
- He owns, Jurassic Park III, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns on DVD.
- He thinks the movie 'the game' is silly and dislikes it.
- He believes that Julia Roberts is an excellent actress and fully deserves her Oscar for Erin Brockovich.
- He hated Jackie Brown.
- One of his favorite films of all time is Out of Sight.
- He thinks that Robert De Niro is an over-rated actor.
- He thinks that Ellen Burnstyn's performance in "Requien for a Dream" wasn't that good.
- He thought "Swept Away" wasn't that bad.
- He dislikes Halle Bery.

Taking all this in, what do you think of this film taste?

Johann
12-13-2003, 12:35 PM
Are you baiting us members?

The guy needs a psychological examination. He could very well be an alien from the planet Zaro for all I know.

He hasn't seen many movies if his taste is as you describe.
I could launch into the greatest rant ever on these boards, but I need to save my energy for more worthwhile causes.

HorseradishTree
12-13-2003, 02:00 PM
I would have agreed with him saying QT is a bad director, but that would be before I saw Kill Bill. I think this was his first truly well directed masterpiece. His others are great because they're really well written.

the_king_
12-13-2003, 08:05 PM
this is a reply to Johan.

I totally agree. I feel the same way.

MickeyMoose15
01-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Obviously a guy who doesn't like action films or action in general and can't tell the difference between a real cinematic genius or a music video or commercial director posing as one.