PDA

View Full Version : design questionne

pmw
08-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Just working on the graphics a little:
I made the main image (currently the "Before Sunset" image) wider to evoke actual movie dimensions and to give the spot a little more impact. I'm thinking that it works but it might diminish the presence of smaller images on the right. Any thoughts from anyone who might have noticed the change? Thanks!
P

Johann
08-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Yes- I noticed, and it looks great. I see you also enlarged the logo (top left).

One thing I really like about this site and what sets it apart is the sparse images. Emphasis is on dialogue between members instead of a ton of claptrap. JoBlo.com, one of the most LOUD movie websites on the net is clogged with all kinds of garbage: pop-ups, flashing things, disorientating images, bulk blocks, etc..

This site for the most part is clear, concise and all movies. There isn't a lot of distracting visual noise which I really like. The images you pick for films and the cinema studies are always great.

Keep it up! We will be noticed sometime....

arsaib4
08-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I couldn't agree more with Johann's point regarding the lack of 'garbage' on this site. You've done a great job Peter.

Although i was wondering how difficult would it be for you if the images and the banners were to be rotated or replaced every few days or so just to keep it looking fresh?

pmw
08-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Thanks guys; trying to keep things clean and simple. Yeah, rotating the images is something that should/could be done fairly easily. And it definitely keeps things feeling fresh. I'll look into it and and continue to make changes here and there.
P

PS Did widening that image on the top left leave any weird spacing issues (like extra white space on the right-side image) on anyone's computer? Thought those dimensions were too cinematic to pass up...

arsaib4
08-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Thanks P, for the changes, it looks great!!

tabuno
08-14-2004, 05:37 AM
An almost screen saver like mandala - it's quite sophisticated and not distracting...an amazing design.

pmw
08-21-2004, 05:19 PM
If you take a look at the Before Sunset space, the image rotates between 4 different shots from the movie. I will try and implement this for all of the spaces on the front page so that there is some random variety with each visit.

P

>> ok, all have been added <<

Brice
08-28-2004, 05:39 PM
PMW,
The site looks fantastic, however sometimes there are spacing
issues when I few it on a Mac. Hope that helps.

B.