PDA

View Full Version : Add your Top Ten to your profile

pmw
09-11-2002, 03:16 PM
New feature on the site: add your top ten films to your profile. I think it will give other people ideas for films to see. Its kind of nice to know what other people are in to. Click on the "profile" link and then the "edit profile" link to add that to your profile.
Peter

Chris Knipp
09-11-2002, 06:14 PM
I don't have a top ten of all time list, but I have top tens for recent years, US and foreign. Should I put them in? Too space-consuming?

pmw
09-11-2002, 06:20 PM
There is a max length of 250 characters for the space. Maybe you could label them: US films: 1,2,3,4,5 etc Foreign:1,2,3,4,5

Look forward to seeing them. Mine are mostly from the past few years as well. They may not be my top 10 exactly but theyre all in my top 30 or so Id say.
Peter

Chris Knipp
09-11-2002, 06:36 PM
I'll have to work on that.
Thanks.

soixante
09-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Top Ten:

1. Mean Streets
2. Taxi Driver
3. American Graffiti
4. McCabe and Mrs. Miller
5. Midnight Cowboy
6. Deliverance
7. MASH
8. Barry Lyndon
9. Shampoo
10. Easy Rider

just missed the cut: Boogie Nights, The Godfather, A Clockwork Orange, It's A Wonderful Life, Dog Day Afternoon, Pulp Fiction

pmw
09-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Soxiante. Nice top ten. Try adding them to your profile (its the little button that you see below, and it will display your top ten when other users click on it). To do this, follow this link and scroll down to the "Top Ten" section:

Add top ten to profile. (http://www.filmwurld.com/forums/member.php?&action=editprofile)

Cowman
03-10-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by pmw
New feature on the site: add your top ten films to your profile. I think it will give other people ideas for films to see. Its kind of nice to know what other people are in to. Click on the "profile" link and then the "edit profile" link to add that to your profile.
Peter

...But then I'll be ostracized once everybody finds out that I have a soft spot for cheap splatter movies and campy, schlocky trash pics!

*hides*

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be too embarassed about it. After all, there's a lot of us out there. :-)

Just a quick note about my list though -- I'll probably put some things that are really good, and other things that are really bad. Even though it may look like it, I'm not trying to undermine the really *good* filmmakers by placing their work alongside such lovable drivel as "Splatter Farm". Forgive me if it looks this way. :)

Chris Knipp
03-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Cowman: Sounds like you have material for the Guilty Pleasures thread http://www.filmwurld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=777

Be yourself. Personally, though, I sometimes draw a distinction between my movie "favorites" and what I think are the best ones out there from all points of view.