Thread: anyone see 911 by the Naudet brothers

anyone see 911 by the Naudet brothers

Amazing story of two French brothers who had been filming a documentary on a particular branch of the NYPD when sept 11th happened. They'd always travelled with the firefighters and as such were filming from the inside as opposed to most of the footage we see of the outside. Unbelieveable story about how they were speculating on each others survival as well as that of their new found family, the firefighters of Ladder 7. Seek it out if you have the chance. Its called "911" appropriately enough.
    P

Oh yes, I saw it. Unbelievable is what it is.

The film is life and death. It may be morbid, but I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. It's like you're right there- almost- and it is extremely saddening to know that those firefighters in the lobby were doomed.....

Everyone on earth who has a TV or vcr/dvd should see this- for many many reasons which I hope don't need to be explained.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Wonder if this will be available anywhere.

Firstly I'll just say that I think it was the best piece of TV that I have ever viewed in my life.
    It was an unbelieveably beautiful and sad, and perhaps the best thing Ive seen on tv. Techonology (the camera) and circumstance (the events of 9/11) crossed paths to leave a beautiful piece of work in the wake of all this destruction. Kind of like new growth after the burn out of a wildfire.