Thread: The "Lost" Archives

The "Lost" Archives

Sometimes, it takes a DVD that comes out a year later, not a feature film to be seen and experienced. Your Archives section needs to be made part of the main website format instead of teeny little link in a lost section of your homepage. I think that better access to older movies will allow better discussions over time, instead of fragmented discussions and lost links.

Great idea. I will think about how to present the archives in a more accessible way. There are several hundred forums, so maybe its a question of bringing relevant (timed with dvd releases for example) forums to the front page and an additional link that makes it easy to see/access archives.

Thanks!
    P

The "Lost" Archives Lost Again

Was the deletion of the Archives forum back into the small header deliberate or by accident? I was ready to see if I could comment on an older film and try to keep the discussion thread intact instead of having to start another thread and found that the archive forum had been relegated back to the hard to find header in the upper right corner that doesn't allow any visitors or guests to know if its been updated or not (thus the incentive to just post a new thread under something like favorites or something. What was the reason for deleting this forum since Filmmaker's forum hasn't been accessed since March of this year and is still up while the Archive Forum had been accessed as recently as a month or two ago?

The Lost Archives Reformation Difficulty

The reformulation of the archive forum onto the main home page was awkward to use because it wasn't divided by years when someone entered the forum and then had to scroll through a multitude of movies to discover which one was updated - this inordinate time and effort made the forum a hassle to use.