Mrs. Doubtfire's ending was more ambigious and realistic than Sideways. What I did love about this movie was the exotic language of wine and its ability to relate to the human condition and history that was so eloquently used in the movie. However, the characters seemed to be superficial not complex, the emotional turmoil seemed over-exaggerated. I felt no connection why anyone would want to continue with a wedding (there was no deep scenes between our simpleton, child-like groom to be and his love that he so desparately needed - really?

If this movie was a comedy, I didn't really see it that way...it was more of a drama with humor added in. We unfortunately are shielded in this movie from the more hurtful, painful consequences of the actions of these two men and unlike Lost In Translation, there isn't the consistency in cinematography...in Sideways, the gritty, rawness of independent movie making seems to get lost in spots by the half-way mark in the film. This movie was interesting, the contrast in characterization and the typical impulsive behavior of men are something not often projected onto the screen like this, but hopefully another movie in the future will succeed there this movie only opened the door to expose the more important relational issues this movie suggests.