Thread: After the Sunset

After the Sunset

Let's get this out of the way, "After the Sunset" wanted to have the polish and crackle of "Out of Sight", "Ocean's Eleven", or "Get Shorty". That was it's intended genre. It didn't quite hit the mark.

The film had wit and it had humor and style, but lacked the pacing, consistency of tone, performances and writing of the previously mentioned films.

Good things: It looked and sounded great. The cinematography was excellent, the locations were exotic and the production design oozed richness and quality. Lalo Schifrin is a proven vet. Brosnan never quite seemed as vulnerable as Clooney did in his roles nor as smoothly confident as Brad Pitt in "Eleven" and Travolta in "Get Shorty". Don Cheadle was fantastic as usual but his role seemed to be diminished in the editing room. Harrelson's bitter buffoon got old quick and it felt forced that Brosnan would socialize with him. He was out of his league here. Salma Hayek has rarely been used so evocatively and was so hot I'm surprised the film didn't ignite.

I give it a six out of ten. I must admit I liked the retro Camaro.
    Last edited by stevetseitz; 11-15-2004 at 03:23 PM.