Thread: The Incredibles

The Incredibles

Well, I have just watched this film. ;)
    Although it may not be as "powerful" as Toy Story I & II, it still has its fun moments.

What I like?
    ------------
    - There are a number of rather philosophical one-liners/scenarios/settings. However, some audience may or may not realize it without harm. ;)
    - There are a few scenes that are really hilarious.
    - Definitely above average film.

What I find "odd"?
    --------------

* spoiler *

-- the "ghastly" power of the baby. I think the creators could have invented something more fun.

More Power To You

In terms of relevancy and audience participation, I felt that "The Incredibles" did an incredible job, more so that Toy Story I and II in dealing with real human elements in our life spread over a larger demographic population dealing with a family with real problems. Thus I felt this animated feature move further into the realm of meaningful but entertaining film making making it more powerful than Toy Story.

Oh sorry, I did not realize there is another thread on the movie under "Favorite Films."

http://www.filmwurld.com/forums/show...&threadid=1085

Re: More Power To You

Originally posted by tabuno
    ... in dealing with real human elements in our life spread over a larger demographic population dealing with a family with real problems.

Hmmm ... I have to agree that The Incredibles appeals more to a larger demographic population. It has a lot of philosphical and food for thought one-liners/scenarios/etc (as I have mentioned earlier). Because of that, I would think that the movie is more "adult" than Toy Story.

Maybe I am just a kid at heart, ha ha ... ;PPP

Or maybe the "baby" scene near the end spoils what I would have like more about the film?! The problem of recency effects ... hiaks hiaks ...

By the way, may I add that I like Toy Story 1 much better than Toy Story 2?

****************** spoilers *****************

What I feel could be better ...
    -- Somehow, I really didnt like the demonous/fiery power of the baby.
    -- I seriously thought the script writers should let the baby have NO powers. Why? Adding to its already cryptic messages, it may add further food for thought to the important/controversial discussion of genetics, hereditary, genocide and the alike.

Anyway, what are your favorite scenes/characters?
    -- when the girl said, "you dont expect us to swim" and the scene that follows ... HA HA HA
    Last edited by hengcs; 11-19-2004 at 11:27 PM.

A Child At Heart

Fascinating. I enjoyed Toy Story 2 more than Toy Story 1 just because of the more adult themes found in Toy Story 2 - about family and loss and sacrifice and deceit. In judging movies, it seems there's the emotional and intellectual content to consider. In your case, its seems the heart wins out. I must be more of a mental case.