If it were not for IMDb I would not be here, because I was contacted to participate through my IMDb Comments, and I was also contacted for several other sites online that print movie comments or reviews. And IMDb has also led me to direct contacts with many other people, including journalists covering controversy over a film, a director or two, and folks from all over the world. And a couple I've persuaded to come here.

Some say IMDb was better a few years ago, but that was before my time. It obviously has its virtues and its faults but it is a major site, an invaluable database, and despite the existence of similar sites in other countries, it's the biggest and the most international, if I don't miss my guess.

I'm more curious though about what people think of the new formatting for IMDb Comments, and perhaps for other things? I find that it works better in some respects than the old one, because some of the processes have been trimmed down, but the actual look of it is inferior. It makes it hard to see who wrote what, and the sequence of Comments is too broken up. Too often on the Internet things are reformatted just to make it new and the result is not an improvement overall. I fear this may be the case with IMDb's format changes.