Thread: Oscar's Cinema Journal 2005

Threaded View

Cinema Journal-2005

Happy New Year to you all. The purpose here is to keep a diary of all my activities related to cinema. I watch a lot of movies and I want to keep track of the ones I watch, where (theatre, video, TV), dvd purchases, etc. Why do it? Because I want to figure out how many films I watch at home vs. theatre, english vs. foreign language, first time vs. repeat viewings, etc. Why post it? Because I'll motivate me to carry it through and most importantly, because I hope the thread will be interactive (I hope to get replies, at least once in a while). My posts here are likely to contain poor grammar and misspellings, what matters to me here is consistency. Comments about films will likely be brief, especially current releases discussed in other threads.

Saturday Jan. 1st
    Got home from a party at 2 a.m. and Chelsea asked me to stay up to watch Pretty in Pink on TNT. She liked The Breakfast Club and wanted to watch another Hughes-penned 80s teen flick. An American teen flick dealing with class issues is an anomaly, but it's really all on the surface and Andrew McCarthy is truly horrible. Molly Ringwald was good in this kind of role though. Chelsea and Dylan thought the clothes and hairstyles were awful! The Aviator, A Very Long Engagement, and Beyond the Sea await at theatres. Seen everything else playing.
    Last edited by oscar jubis; 01-03-2005 at 05:03 PM.