Thread: Fahrenheit 911 Sent To The Lost Archives

Fahrenheit 911 Sent To The Lost Archives

I don't know what's worse, being sucked into the blackhole of the Archive section of this website or slowly being passed by in one of the standard threads. Again, I feel it somewhat arbitrary to find my thread on Fahrenheit 911 magically placed into archives. Is this a good thing or not? How many movies are sent there never to be seen again? There needs to be some better way to access this portion of the website.

Archives Need To Placed Under The General Film Forum

The best place for the two Archive sites is to place them under the same general, more accessible, popularly used General Film Forum so that visitors and members can readily see if any of the Archive sites have received updates or not like other threads. Archives have some historically important movies with good posts that do not need to be unnecessarily recreated again and again and again. This leads to disconnected connected discussion and waste of commentary and web space.

great idea

Excellent idea. I am going to add the section now. I've always thought there should be a better way to feature the archives, because as you mention they are of great value to the general discussion of film. Let me know of other related/unrelated ideas you might have. Thanks Tabuno,
    P

Thank you for putting suggesting into practice however...

One slight problem with the Archive section when it comes up, is that it is one of the largest/longest web-pages and it is a little tedious to have to scroll through the long list of films to discover which one was updated. It might be helpful to break up the first web link of the Archive list so that it breaks up in first years (2004, 2003, 2002) so that one can easily see if any of the particularly years have been updated so one can then just go directly to the year and by process of elimination having to then check fewer movies on the one webpage to see which was one(s) were updated. This may or may not work...it's a matter between how many links versus how many scrolls one prefers.

I wouldn't make any more changes. A click directs you to the last post. What's el problema, compadre?

One Look Tells All

I would just like to be able to see whether or not to click in the first place. It seems a bit cumbersome to have to click for the last post. What if there were more than one post on two or more different threads that I don't care about. I don't want to have to just keep clicking the last post each time to get something I don't care about. Perhaps I'm a bit anal about it, but my time is important and if I don't want to look at something, I don't wnat to have to do it by chance. I prefer to know what I'm clicking for before I do it again and again and again, if necessary, and then findings the posts were on threads I didn't care about. At least if I knew I posted something on 2003, I wouldn't have to look at 2004 or 2002. Or if I'm in 2003 and can just quickly scan the dates on the relevant thread instead of click on last post on something I'm not interested in.

Or perhaps, I'm one of those people who didn't read the instructions or take the time to learn how to use this website efficiency and don't know how to use the last post button correctly. If so, please point me in the right direction.