Thread: Art-house theaters in your area?

Art-house theaters in your area?

I found this thread in The General Film Forum. If this is where this thread is permanently located, then there is a potential problem. Unlike most threads, this particularly thread is more of a general reference thread not a topical one. As with general reference material, it shouldn't depend on current usage for its location on the Forum. This thread if kept where it is will eventually lose its place and become lost with non-use, back further and further until it is gone even though most of the information will be current, usable, and valid for months. Thus, for general reference thread, you may want to locate such information on the Homepage up on the top line where the other links are located that include Profile, Search, Help, Log Out, Film Archives, Feature Archives or make it into one of the Actual Forums under Etc. Hopefully other general reference material could be compiled, like a listing of the dates, places, of all the film festivals around the world, along with prices, reservations, links. Such a general reference could be compiled over time by various guests and members of this websites.

While tabuno has certainly suggested some operative changes to the site recently I also want to make a point, similar to Oscar's in another thread, that we need to be careful and should try to keep our interface as clean as possible. Perhaps most of us should agree to a proposal before any major changes are made. I don't see how "Art-house theaters" thread is a general reference thread. There is no "black hole" here so the search option should be used more often if someone needs to access a particular thread regularly. Everything can't be available right from the main frame w/out cluttering it up.

Good point Arsaib. How do you feel about the archives being listed as forums. Is that cluttering things in your eyes? Im absolutely interested in striking the right balance between offering enough info / keeping things clean. Let me know what you think. Finally emmerging from the latest issue of FC....
    P

I think it was good idea by tabuno to have the archives more prominently displayed and you've done very well to incorporate them with the rest of the site. However, adding any more forums would probably be a bit much.

Looking forward to the next issue of FC as your expertise as an art director will be more perceptible.

General Reference

arsaib4 "I don't see how "Art-house theaters" thread is a general reference thread."

General reference as like in a library are reserved for materials that are basic standard information data that would be used relatively frequently and would be readily available and easily accessible and have a permanent location. Art House Theater information should have a permanent depository location like an almanac to be updated periodically but its placement on this website shouldn't move further and further back in a forum if somebody doesn't access the information in a week or a month. General reference information are somewhat stable facts important for future discussions. If I interpret Art-house theaters thread correctly, arsaib4 would be agreeing with me that it shouldn't be a general reference thread, in fact no general information should be stored as a thread but as at a fixed place on the website that can easily linked to.

Feature Archives

The current location of art house threater information seems like a very good place.