Thread: Oops - Archives by Film

Oops - Archives by Film

I'm afraid I've introduced a new thread in the Archives by Film forum. I wasn't sure how to post it. Now there's sort of an appendage for this Forum at the end. As I've mentioned before, this forum is huge and the time spent trying to scroll down through all of the movies for updates is tedious. If there is any way one could break down this Forum by years and also add movies by alphabetical order, then this Forum would be much more user-friendly, if it wouldn't be too technically difficult to accomplished of course.

Thus, in short, what I wanted to be able to do was to post a thread on an older movie that wasn't obviously on the website. How might this be done?

Awkard Archival Set Up

Mysteriously my post on Phantom of the Opera is moved to the General Film Forum, however, this location is the kiss of death for any archival possibilities as responses will be few and far in between. In fact, hengcs had to refer to an altogther different thread in order to tie the two posts together. There needs to be a better way to talk about older films without having to search through other forums besides Archives by Film.

Just so that I understand, you want to add Phantom of The Opera as an archived film? Is that right?

Thus far, the purpose of the Archives has been to store films that have appeared in the Now Showing section over the years. If it wasn't in that section at some point, then there wouldn't be any "archiving" per say, as that action is defined by taking something that exists and storing it somewhere else, taking a dialogue that happened in FilmWurld's Now Showing section and storing it in a receptacle of sorts. Sort of a bookshelf of books we've reccommended over the years (not to be too high handed about it).

I think maybe the solution that you hit on when you say that Heng had to refer to another thread is the "Search" function. Searching on "Phantom of the Opera" returns not only this thread but also yours in the General Film Forum and Heng's which is also in the Genereal Film Forum.

Hmm....Im not sure what the answer is. Perhaps I need to make the Search function more accessible...that's how I browse IMDB, by searching for film titles... Would making that a better function work for you or do you think there should be a more concrete way of storing a review of a particular film?

Thanks as always for the provocative and constructive comments.

P

Thanks!

Makes sense.