Well, the Garrel I got to watch this year is the one before Regular Lovers and I liked it enough to place it in my top 10 Undistributed Films I watched this year. I envy your having seen his latest one. But I believe I will get to watch it in 2006 because the theatrical UK release in April almost guarantees it will come out on dvd there (Of course it's coming out in dvd in France but often these don't have English subs).
* I get the impression you didn't notice all the quotation marks on everything on Conenberg's film and watched it solely as the genre film it pretends to be. It's a definite Eng. language Top 10 for me.
*Clean will be officially released in the USA in April 2006 by Palm Pictures so I'll have to list it under Undistributed Films, but outside the Top 10.
*2046 was my favorite undistributed film of 2004 and now is my favorite foreign film of 2006 (at least as of right now).
*Perhaps the two distributed films I loved pasionately than you haven't seen are Yes (which got mixed reviews as it's to be expected for such a radical, experimental film) and The Holy Girl which placed in the Top 10 of the Voice's poll.
*Cache and The Intruder will open here within weeks (but release schedules sometimes change).
*Can't wait for the new Reygadas. It'll probably play at the Miami IFF.