Director: Jonathan Jakubowicz
Cast: Mía Maestro, Jean Paul Leroux, Carlos Julio Molina, Pedro Perez, Carlos Madera

The official website is here ...
http://www.miramax.com/secuestroexpress/

Shot on digital video, the film follows the abduction of a couple in Caracas ...
-- The opening line is, "Every 60 minutes, a person is abducted in Latin America ... and 70% of them do not survive the ordeal"
-- The ending message is, "Half the world is dying of starvation, while half the world is dying of obesity ..."
So, what kind of film do you expect ...

What is good ...
-- Well, the film actually gets better as it progresses ... with quite a number of twists and surprises ... which are rather aptly used ... to depict the harsh reality of society, the corruption in authority, the class division and economic inequalities, the relationship between people, etc ...

What could be better ...
-- Hmmm ... I would have ended the film differently,
i.e., when she was in the van and the audience could decide what happened ...
* if you have watched it, you will know what I mean *
-- Although the director tries to humanize the kidnappers without romanticizing them, some people might still find the film too empathetic towards the kidnappers rather than the victims (which lacks sufficient depiction) ...

Conclusion:
-- Quite a nice film
... after watching the film, hopefully it does not deter you from visiting the country or Latin America
... after all, I do believe that Venezuela and Latin America still have their beauty ...
;)