That is one way of looking at it, now of course the acceptable opinon, regurgitated by Dylan, Scorcese, and the mainstream media. So you and Jubis and Dylan can say whatever you want, for those who were in the middle of the youth revolution in the early 60s, the experience was quite different. He was a galvanizing voice that inspired countless number of young people.

He was booed in London because his fervent supporters and admirers felt he wasn't being true to himself and had sold out to commercial interests. As I have repeatedly said, I don't entirely agree with that point of view and I can see where he may have been vindicated by history, but I can certainly see where they were coming from.

Today, Dylan's statements are simply self serving and disengaged from the reality of who he was and what he contributed in the early 60s. No one could have written Blowin the Wind without feeling a passion for justice very deeply. It was not just an "intense moment", but something that came from his inner core.

Of course, reinventing himself and saying fook you to those who believed in him did not stop with his conversion to rock. He tantalized lovers of country music, then supporters of Las Vegas style shows, then born-again Christians, then Jews who supported Israel. The list goes on and on. To all of those who supported him in each one of those reincarnations, he simply said "fook you" and "moved on".

I'm not denying his genius and if you read what I wrote, you would see that I am a lover of his music (all of it) and a strong supporter.