No, you're not about to arouse anything further no matter how hard you try. I had read Rosenbaum's comment before, which was nothing but a cheap shot, but I wasn't going to respond until you posted it here. I exactly know why you did that, and you'd be naive to think that I was gonna let you get away with it.

"It's not about "enjoying killing Arabs," but approving the slaughter of Palestinians -- while now feeling bad about feeling good about(approving) it. It is only about being an observer, not about being a participant, that Spielberg takes this stand. For the participants, I take it his point is clearly made that killing fucks you up pretty bad. If you misstate the idea, you will not grasp its point."

huh?

Anyway, I'm not interested in your point-of-view (whatever it is) because you've proven time and time again that you aren't capable of acknowledging one that opposes yours. No wonder it doesn't take you long to resort to quotes and links.

The next time people watch this film, hopefully they'll pay attention to the fact that it features a world-renowned Palestinian actress named Hiam Abbas (who also served as a technical advisor). She played the wife of an alleged Black September collaborator, and was the one who brought up the issue to Israel's bombing of Palestinian targets in neighboring countries in order to exact revenge, something conveniently ignored by Israeli media. Also pay attention to the fact that Munich had the audacity to suggest CIA's involvement with both the PLO and the Israeli covert squad. And also pay attention to the fact that the answer isn't a "yes" when Avner asks Ephraim whether the men they killed were the ones involved. I have a feeling that if an honorable Muslim filmmaker were to make a film about the operation, it would end up being a lot like Munich. But it wouldn't mean the same because its director wouldn't be an American Jew who happens to be the most famous filmmaker in the world today.

Since exchanging links is what others like to do around here, here's Armond White's review.

Also, Sun-times editor Jim Emerson's article.

I guess it's time to move on before members are subjected to reading one more circular discussion involving Chris Knipp.

Good Night, and Good Luck.