Thread: Panic Room, don't waste time watching it

jrummer Guest

Panic Room, don't waste time watching it

Wow, I like David Fincher and he really tried to take a really crappy script and make it cool. They should have called this movied Swiss Cheese Plot Room. From the start, the plot holes began creeping in. At some point, the plot holes had their own plot holes creating a worm hole of some sort. I was so totally bummed by this movie. Some cool, tense actions scenes wholly lost on the reality that there was no reality happening. If someone really wants me to list plot holes I will, but I would rather fall asleep. It would be more productive.

That bad?

That's too bad. I haven't seen it, but I thought it must be pretty good with the pedigree involved.

Fincher, Foster, Whittaker, Yoakam. No good, huh?
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

jrummer Guest

you would think the cast would carry it

but its just not the case. there are some good performances by all, but that is not enough to make a good movie. just rent something with a plot and good acting.....novel idea eh? too bad more film producers dont stop to think about it.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this movie. It was saved by good acting and directing, because the script left a lot to be desired.

Panic Room (2002) - *** (out of 4)
    I have to admit that I had somewhat low expectations of this movie. How much can you do with the premise? It seemed like it was going to be highly predictable. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well this movie was made. Director David Fincher brings us another good thriller in his usual stylistic manner. The actors turned in great performances especially Jodie Foster and Forest Whitaker...as well as the young Kristen Stewart. It all added up to a quality thriller that keeps you riveted.