Thread: Ultimate Fighter- good TV

Hybrid View

Last night kicked major ass for me. I was hanging around the Molson Amphitheatre just waiting to HEAR Iron Maiden when some dude said "you want to go to the show?" and handed me two tickets. They were a hundred bucks a pop. I'm still reeling from that. The show was for Dream Theatre and Maiden, but I only got to see Maiden. But how much does that ROCK!?!?
    This year has been unbelievable for me. I'm waiting for something really bad to happen. LOL

ANYWAY

My Man Brock Lesnar managed to beat Shane Carwin in an amazing Main Event @ UFC 116.

But! he got dummied pretty badly by Shane. I thought it was all over, actually. I was waiting for the ref to stop the fight.
    But Brock took it and was able to wear Shane out and get him in a triangle.

Still the UFC Heavyweight Champ!!!!!!
    Still shuttin' up the fuckin' jokers who think he's "a big dumb WWE wrestler"

Shut Yo Mouth Sucka!

BROCK IS FUCKING KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Let's take a second to address Frank Mir again, because he's a pest.
    He's like a fly that buzzes really loud around your ear and you can't swat it away.

I read online that recently he's been analyzing video of Brock Lesnar's win over Shane Carwin and he seems to think he can knock out Brock because of it. He sees "flaws" in Brock's game that he feels he can expose.

First, why are you even thinking of a match with Lesnar Frank? You are barely even in the heavyweight division! You said you JUST DECIDED to stay a heavyweight. Glad you made that decision. It must have been an agonizing one..
    You still think you can beat Brock when the man improves by leaps and fucking bounds with every match?
    Holy shit your gumption amazes me!
    Are you noticing in those fight reviews of yours that Brock is the toughest man in the UFC?
    YOU YOURSELF would not have survived that unbelievable onslaught that Brock endured- YOU would've been outta there in 6 seconds!
    Brock withstood that heavy shit and came back to submit the UNDEFEATED Carwin- you would never in a trillion years have done that.
    A lightbulb should've gone off in your empty head that Brock is a true freak of nature.
    That lightbulb should've gone off in your two fights with him, but you're a first-class arrogant shithead aren't you?

Man, what a pest he is.
    Frank! You have no hope in hell of ever getting that belt.
    The sooner you realize that, the sooner you won't get beat like a gong again.
    Go do commentary for soccer Frank. You're much better suited to that.

Just wanted to post that my pride in Brock Lesnar couldn't be any greater.
    It's so fuckin' sweet that he kept his belt at UFC 116. And the way he kept it is amazing.
    He submitted Shane Carwin.
    NO ONE predicted that- Lesnar haters, Lesnar fans, NO ONE. (except Brock's trainers :)

It's so beautiful, what he did. Just when I thought that the greatest MMA match ever was Lesnar/Mir II, along comes UFC 116.
    Wow. I'm still basking in it.
    Brock basically shut up every single person who said he sucks.
    He shut 'em up in Grand Style. Who's your Daddy?

How can the haters deny the awesomeness of Brock Lesnar? If you do, then why don't you cut off your nose to spite your face while you're at it?

The ones who still hate on Brock piss and moan that the fight was over in the first round- that Shane had Brock knocked out.
    Well, it looked that way, didn't it? But you weren't the ref, who had a much better view of the action.
    And Brock was moving, trying to show that he was still aware that he was in a fight, unlike Frank Mir, who splayed himself out like a hooker when he was being pounded out.

And all these Brock haters wouldn't be saying jack shit if Shane KO'd Brock in the second round, wouldn't they? DAMN RIGHT THEY WOULDN'T.
    They'd be stroking their tiny dicks over how Brock "finally got what he deserved".

A WWE wrestler has taken over the UFC Heavyweight division. And he ain't giving that belt up until he wants to.
    He was thrown to the wolves. he was never given any easy fights. EVER.
    Brock's taken everything that's been thrown his way and where does he stand today?
    ON FUCKING TOP. HE'S THE FUCKING CHAMPION.
    'Nuff said.

Bless you Brock.
    Pride ain't just a fight orgo. It's what I got for an awesome man who lives in Minnesota...

The UFC has a new Heavyweight Champ, and I was reluctant to say anything until now. But you have to call a spade a spade...

My Man Brock Lesnar got the shit beat out of him by Cain Velasquez. In one round to boot.
    I have huge respect for Velasquez now. He EARNED that belt.

I don't like criticizing my favorite UFC fighter at all, but you gotta face the music when you gotta face the music.

Brock was too cocky prior to this fight. He underestimated Velasquez big time.
    During the pre-fight press conference Brock said "I don't think Cain Velasquez is the man who will take the belt from me"
    That was a red flag for me beacuse it was the same thing he's said about other opponents. But I paid it no mind, because this is BROCK, my Man!

Cain is the first serious MMA fighter that Brock has faced to me. I can hear peeps criticize me now: "What about Mir? What about Couture?"
    Ehhhhhh, I'm actually unimpressed with those two. Unimpressed.
    Couture got his head pounded off the mat like a ping-pong ball by a novice to MMA- that should not have happened.
    Mir is just a joke. And always will be. Hair-gel addicted/arrogant mouthpiece.

Cain took Brock apart.
    Systematically.
    Like a surgeon.
    It was unreal.
    Brock's face looked like hamburger after the fight.

I only hope that Brock doesn't lose his resolve and comes back to conquer.
    Last edited by Johann; 11-10-2010 at 09:35 AM.

UFC 123 was beautiful.

BJ Penn wiped the FLOOR with Matt Hughes. In 21 seconds!

It was unbelievable. I'm no fan of BJ Penn- I actually don't know what to make of him. Moon-pie face, spindly body...
    But Man, he destroyed Matt Hughes just the way Hughes should be in the octagon.
    I respect Hughes' record and what he's done, but as a person I can't stand him. I hope he truly vanishes this time. 21 seconds?
    Put a fork in Matt Hughes.
    I hate the way he talks, the way he acts, the arrogance..all of it. His whole vibe annoys me.
    Yes, he's strong as an Ox, yes, he can fight, I'll even say he's a legend of the UFC.
    But as a man, he annoys the hell out of me. I wouldn't want to be in the same ROOM as Matt Hughes.
    He annoys me that much.

And my *other* Man (besides Brock) Machida lost a decision to Rampage Jackson.
    ONLY because Rampage was more aggressive. I couldn't believe it.
    Machida is a better fighter than Rampage. And Rampage knows it- he said in the post-fight press conference that he doesn't want to give Machida a rematch but he has to.
    He admitted he got "an ass whupping". Damn right you did. He bloodied you up, Quinton! You barely eked out that decision.
    Last edited by Johann; 11-23-2010 at 10:47 AM.

UFC 129 was held in Toronto last Saturday, a Massive event, with over 55, 000 fans packed into the Rogers Centre. (SKYDOME for purists)

Georges St. Pierre won by decision, which is how he wins every fight.
    I wish he would take on Anderson Silva. Do it Georges!
    Move up in weight class. Take on someone who will actually give you a run for your money.
    Until you do, I feel your just ducking the competition. Word.

My 2nd favorite fighter in the UFC RETIRED RANDY COUTURE!
    Lyoto Machida kicked Couture literally out of the UFC!
    Karate Kid kick to the kisser!
    Bam. Career over. Good. No more Senior Citizens in the UFC.

Just a quick comment on Machida/Jones @ UFC 140:

I put some money on my man Lyoto Machida winning last Saturday night and I lost.
    Jon "Bones" Jones is a fucking animal.
    He just made me a fan.
    He dropped Machida like a bad habit- I was absolutely amazed.
    Machida's elusiveness frustrated Jones to no end in the first round, but he figured out how to attack properly in the second.
    He made Machida bleed and choked him unconscious.
    Never in a million years did I think a fighter could own Lyoto like that.
    No one has.
    Until now.
    I'm very impressed with Jon Jones. I'm actually speechless that he demonstrated so much dominance over Machida.
    He's an animal- he's defeated 4 champions in four fights.
    I'd say he's arrived!