Thread: Ultimate Fighter- good TV

Threaded View

The last episode of TUF3 was very weak and the next one doesn't promise any exictement either.

Noah messed up his foot just before the match and although he won, he was fighting an amateur. They were both amateurs- not really worthy of UFC- and unless Noah turns into an animal, he's going home soon.

Shamrock is taking his guys out to the driving range to relax?!
    My God is this lame. Golf is for egomaniacs and rich clowns.
    (Mini-golf can be fun though, with a few beers and a cool course)

I didn't go out to see UFC59 because I was in a totally other mindset after attending Jello Biafra's spoken word performance.
    I bought the album "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables" on sat. and have been listening to it non-stop. (I had no Dead Kennedys LP's in my collection- had to get with the program!)

It was incredible. He came out after his booming voice came from backstage, acting as Big Brother a la 1984, warning of what will happen to you if you don't meet curfew, if you don't toe the line and if you don't worship the state.

He was wearing a black mackintosh, a Nazi-style hat and the coolest set of shades since The Matrix.
    Then he immediately took it all off (after the applause) and asked for the house lights to come on so he could see the crowd. "You don't want to listen to me in the dark do you?"

He had a cool Seig Howdy black leather vest, a black & white cowskin shirt & the famous Lone Star belt buckle as his attire.
    Looked great.
    Then he launched into the greatest spoken word show I've ever seen.

Raging about the United Snakes of America, he layed it all on the line, BARE, for all to hear and contemplate.

He showed us the mail he received for Bush & Cheney '04 (with an 8x10 glossy of Bush & Laura: "she has evil eyes. No wonder: she FUCKED this man". He said they didn't even mail it addressed to his real name. They used Jello Biafra!

His speech DIE FOR OIL, SUCKER was the standout of the show. Before he did it he said that he had retired it, that he wasn't going to do it anymore, but for some reason he decided to do it on this night- they were recording for a live CD.
    The Ottawa crowd was so into his show. It was practically sold out and he lamented about the small numbers he drew for Montreal. You had your stock punkers and cool "hip" people, as well as the people who WISHED they were. Some doofuses were there. I saw 'em. And a couple Grandmas! wow.

He put Afghanistan in perspective: DRUGS, anyone?
    Drug lords & organized chaos.
    Heroin production is up 3000% since the U.S. started bombing.
    Hmm. I wonder why.
    Canada shouldn't have to lose a single soldier for this shit.
    Why are we there?
    What possible benefit does Canada have by being in Afghanistan? We've already lost soldiers.
    (And 4 were killed by the U.S.!)
    A big steaming pile of political B.S.

Jello ranted for over 4 hours (with an intermission).
    It was awesome.

His mimicing Bush was spot-on:
    Freedom! The War on Terror! Freedom! The War on Terror! Freedom! The War on Terror! Freedom! The War on Terror! Freedom! The War on Terror! Freedom! The War on Terror! Freedom! The War on Terror!

Like a fucking doll with a pull-string..

After the show he was extremely gracious. He met with us who wanted an autograph. BTW, if you go to a Jello spoken word gig, he'll only sign Alternative Tentacles releases- that includes Dead Kennedys records. No Tentacles logo on the back, he won't sign it.
    I think any real Kennedys fan should take note of that.
    Jello was betrayed by his former band and it's sad.

He calls them a karaoke band now, because they have a reunion tour going on and they're using his songs and his image and he has no say over it whatsoever. He is pissed. He thinks the profits from all Kennedys records are "going up East Bay Ray's nose". He said "even though I get some money, I'm not allowed to know the source of that money- do your homework on this. The breakup of the Dead Kennedys was a 15-year conspiracy. People lied on the stand".

He signed my Natural Born Killers soundtrack and I'm stoked beyond belief. He said Wow- You know I've never signed one of these before? So I'm one lucky S.O.B. folks.
    And no, it'll never show up on eBay.
    Last edited by Johann; 05-13-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd