Thread: Ultimate Fighter- good TV

Hybrid View

Gravy, P, gravy...

Royce Gracie always annoyed me.
    The guy could never stand up and go toe to toe.
    He always choked you out or submitted you with some hold.

I'm not taking anything away from him- that's how you win fights, but man, there's no action in chokes or armbars!

I wanna see fists flying, knees!
    Know what I mean?
    Gracie was a master on the ground.

I saw the first episode of TUF3 and it was tasty.
    Tito and Shamrock will go at it at the end. (again, and Ken is toast again- I'll bet some dollars on it- Tito is just too good).

But Shamrock is a pretty lame coach if you ask me.
    Tito gets in there with his guys- he wrestles them, he does all the conditioning and exercises WITH THEM. That's what a good trainer does. He doesn't just stand there and bark at you.
    In the army all of our NCO's did the pushups with us, they ran with us, they were on our asses every minute. How are you gonna get respect if you don't set the standard?

Shamrock gets a big thumbs down for just "looking down" on his fighters. And they complained about it too. He's already looking like his team will lose the competition.

The first fight was weak. The Canadian kid from Surrey B.C. whupped ass, but he was chosen because he could easily do so against that whiner: "OW! OW!" did you hear him crying with every punch? Lame-O.

I hope the series gets better as the weeks go on.

Thanks for the info on pride. The attitude indeed is what matters.

I really hate Chuck Liddell too.
    His stupid Mr. T whitey haircut, his lame-ass commercial for Xyience "PERFORMANCE!" (man do I hate that commercial) and his all-around trailer-park vibe just rub me the wrong way.
    Whenever he fights i want him to lose.

Same with Chris Leben- what is with that shitty hair-dyeing thing in UFC?! Joe Stevenson, Tito, Leben. You guys should be beaten just for the dyed hair. And Leben's rooster-red do is just retarded.

Tim Sylvia will get whupped again by Anrdei Arlovski at UFC59.
    I'm gonna go to a sports bar to check it out next week, after I see Jello Biafra do his thing. (I'm in Ottawa for a month again this year).
    Last edited by Johann; 04-11-2006 at 12:13 PM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd