Thread: Ultimate Fighter- good TV

Hybrid View

Another fighter who impresses the Holy Hell out of me is Roy Nelson, "Big Country".
    He went the distance against Junior dos Santos and his record is flawless to my eye. People can talk all they want about Roy Nelson. I've heard every criticism of him: too fat, not a fighter, even not an ambassador for the sport. It's all bullshit. Nelson is a Beast. Youtube any of his fights and tell me he ain't a Bad Man. Tell me you don't respect him. You must be one of those people who think fighters should look like Ravishing Rick Rude. Cover fashion shows Fabio. You don't belong.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

UFC 151 has been scrapped, which is kind of a relief for me.
    Dan Henderson is injured, so he isn't able to fight Jon Jones.
    That means that my man Lyoto Machida has a shot at avenging his last loss to Jones and becoming Light Heavyweight Champion again.

I will be watching it Live on pay per view.
    Can't wait. UFC 152 will be in Toronto.

I don't know what the fuck is going on in the UFC.

Machida has turned down the fight with Jones, which baffles me beyond belief.
    Jones is now fighting Vitor Belfort.

I don't know what the fuck is happening. I think they make it up as they go along.
    Whatever..... I'm not in the business.

Lyoto Machida said he wanted more time before he faced Jones again, which mystifies me. Machida is ready at all times. I don't fucking get it.

Jones refused to fight Chael Sonnen on 8 days' notice.
    Are these guys true Champions? Holy Fuck.
    Something is not on.
    You got the belt? Then you fight the number one contender. Period. If he is injured then it's the next man in line. Period.
    I just do not get the rules and mechanisms of the UFC.
    This is some mickey mouse shit.

UFC 168 was held last Saturday night, and Anderson Silva's career was basically ended.
    He broke his leg (fibula) after Chris Weidman checked one of gangly Silva's brutal kicks.

I never liked Anderson Silva.
    His disrespect for his opponents was colossal, and it wasn't anything he said. It was his showboating antics in the cage.
    And he got away with it for eons. Until Chris Weidman arrived.
    Weidman dominated Silva TWICE. Sat. night was the re-match after Weidman knocked "THE SPIDER" out in spectacular fashion in July, during a profoundly stupid series of sick mocks of his opponent. Weidman capitalized, and Silva got knocked the fuck out.
    I always wondered who would be the man to do it.
    Long after their match, Joe Rogan said beforehand he thought Weidman "could be the guy" to beat Silva but Joe is full of shit.
    I never saw you predict that, Joe. In fact I've never seen you say anyone "was the guy" to beat Silva. NEVER.
    Certainly not prior to fights. You are no Nostradamus, Joe.

It was awesome to see Silva get knocked out. Having his career end was alright in my book too.
    You don't respect your opponent, GET THE FUCK OUT.
    Last edited by Johann; 12-30-2013 at 09:58 AM.

To clarify (in the interests of not appearing like a hypocrite- I don't respect Stephen Harper at all), it is perfectly alright to show no respect to your opponent if they are an affront to your family, to your training, to your character, to your whole ethos.

Anderson Silva disrespected every single opponent he faced, and it was never warranted.
    He is arguably the best fighter the UFC ever saw- he demolished people in super-human fashion. Some of the shit he did in the octagon was straight out of a movie.
    That said, it went to his head. He looked down on his opponents. He mocked them.
    Fans of Silva say that he would do that knowing that he could knock out his opponent at any time, that he was giving the fans "a show" because the fight could be over in 3 seconds. He showboated to extend the action the octagon.
    RIGHT.
    What a crock of horseshit.
    Let me get this straight: Silva was so dangerous that he extended his time in the ring just to put on a show?
    Well I guess Chris Weidman put that fuckery to rest, didn't he?
    While Silva mocked and danced and disrespected, Weidman capitalized on his fuckery. Didn't flinch. He attacked that fuckery and KO'd the Spider.

If Silva returns, and it's a big if, because Silva was saying it might've been it for him after the last match with Wiedman, then he won't be able to fuck around in the octagon anymore. That silly and stupid chickenshit behavior he displayed will not wash anymore.
    Why?
    Because he got his bell rung hard. Because he got Dominated.

But I don't think the Spider will ever return again to the UFC. If a KO made him think about hanging up the gloves, then breaking his leg will etch that shit in stone.

UFC 168 will be a DVD I'll buy and savour over and over and over again.
    I never liked Silva, and these 2 bouts with the USA phenom Chris Weidman are KARMIC.
    Weidman made UFC history, and no one will ever forget it.
    Especially Anderson Silva.

I've been reading the "comments" on all kinds of MMA websites about Anderson Silva's broken leg and the fight itself between him & Weidman.

Thousands of people are calling the fight a fluke, just like the first bout was a "fluke" win for Weidman.
    Let me shut those Jokers up.
    The only "fluke" was the injury itself- the way Silva's leg snapped like a twig- THAT was a fluke.
    The check was not.
    Watch the fucking replay. The check was technique, a technique that Weidman says he TRAINED for to fight Silva again.
    He even gave a name to that technique: "THE DESTRUCTION"- it's when you aim your knee at the kick coming at you to hit bone on bone- it makes fighters stop kicking you. Weidman only had to lift his knee a couple inches because that kick was low.
    That move was technical, and it worked. TOO WELL.
    The "fluke" was Silva's ankle breaking like an eggshell and bending like rubber. THAT was the fluke. No one has ever seen that. Not in MMA.

All these excuse makers for Silva will not give Chris Weidman his due.
    The guy is undefeated. Yes he's new, Yes he still has to prove his staying power, but Sweet Jesus, he DOMINATED the Best UFC fighter ever.
    Quit crying in your cornflakes, Silva fans, and face Reality.
    It was time for the Brazillian to pack it in.
    A third match might see Silva KILLED in the octagon.
    And we don't want to see that nastiness, do we?