Thread: Ultimate Fighter- good TV

Hybrid View

To clarify (in the interests of not appearing like a hypocrite- I don't respect Stephen Harper at all), it is perfectly alright to show no respect to your opponent if they are an affront to your family, to your training, to your character, to your whole ethos.

Anderson Silva disrespected every single opponent he faced, and it was never warranted.
    He is arguably the best fighter the UFC ever saw- he demolished people in super-human fashion. Some of the shit he did in the octagon was straight out of a movie.
    That said, it went to his head. He looked down on his opponents. He mocked them.
    Fans of Silva say that he would do that knowing that he could knock out his opponent at any time, that he was giving the fans "a show" because the fight could be over in 3 seconds. He showboated to extend the action the octagon.
    RIGHT.
    What a crock of horseshit.
    Let me get this straight: Silva was so dangerous that he extended his time in the ring just to put on a show?
    Well I guess Chris Weidman put that fuckery to rest, didn't he?
    While Silva mocked and danced and disrespected, Weidman capitalized on his fuckery. Didn't flinch. He attacked that fuckery and KO'd the Spider.

If Silva returns, and it's a big if, because Silva was saying it might've been it for him after the last match with Wiedman, then he won't be able to fuck around in the octagon anymore. That silly and stupid chickenshit behavior he displayed will not wash anymore.
    Why?
    Because he got his bell rung hard. Because he got Dominated.

But I don't think the Spider will ever return again to the UFC. If a KO made him think about hanging up the gloves, then breaking his leg will etch that shit in stone.

UFC 168 will be a DVD I'll buy and savour over and over and over again.
    I never liked Silva, and these 2 bouts with the USA phenom Chris Weidman are KARMIC.
    Weidman made UFC history, and no one will ever forget it.
    Especially Anderson Silva.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

I've been reading the "comments" on all kinds of MMA websites about Anderson Silva's broken leg and the fight itself between him & Weidman.

Thousands of people are calling the fight a fluke, just like the first bout was a "fluke" win for Weidman.
    Let me shut those Jokers up.
    The only "fluke" was the injury itself- the way Silva's leg snapped like a twig- THAT was a fluke.
    The check was not.
    Watch the fucking replay. The check was technique, a technique that Weidman says he TRAINED for to fight Silva again.
    He even gave a name to that technique: "THE DESTRUCTION"- it's when you aim your knee at the kick coming at you to hit bone on bone- it makes fighters stop kicking you. Weidman only had to lift his knee a couple inches because that kick was low.
    That move was technical, and it worked. TOO WELL.
    The "fluke" was Silva's ankle breaking like an eggshell and bending like rubber. THAT was the fluke. No one has ever seen that. Not in MMA.

All these excuse makers for Silva will not give Chris Weidman his due.
    The guy is undefeated. Yes he's new, Yes he still has to prove his staying power, but Sweet Jesus, he DOMINATED the Best UFC fighter ever.
    Quit crying in your cornflakes, Silva fans, and face Reality.
    It was time for the Brazillian to pack it in.
    A third match might see Silva KILLED in the octagon.
    And we don't want to see that nastiness, do we?

UFC 169 on February 1st will be great to see.

Frank Mir's career is on the line when he faces Alistair Overeem, a fighter who ended the UFC career of one of my fave fighters: Brock Lesnar.
    Overeem suffered a knockout in his last fight against Travis Browne, who is an absolute BEAST. Browne just annihilated Josh Barnett (another Beast who destroyed Frank Mir previously) with a series of vicious elbows in UFC 168.

The fighters today are animals. And I think Frank Mir is WAY out of his depth. He's been slapped around and defeated soundly and roundly in his last 3 fights, and a loss to Overeem will send him into retirement. (Hopefully!- Mir is like a fly..he keeps buzzing around and being annoying).
    I will be watching UFC 169 Live. Can't miss it. I can't miss the opportunity to see Frank Mir get destroyed again. Hopefully he will take the hint and retire if he's beaten again. I think he has to win against Overeem or Dana White will say Mir is no longer able to fight in the UFC anymore.
    You need to win to have a career in the UFC.
    3 strikes and you're Out seems to be a good UFC rule.
    Last edited by Johann; 06-09-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Frank Mir got beat *pathetically* by Alistair Overeem at UFC 169.
    The fight was a total bore.

Mir has lost 4 fights in a row.
    And he's still in the UFC. WTF is going on???
    I guess their talent pool is thinner than I thought.
    Mir should be shitcanned from the UFC.
    Don't even give him a microphone. I hate listening to him talk.
    Last edited by Johann; 06-09-2014 at 07:20 AM.