Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Fighter- good TV

updates

Last Sat. I went to the James Street Feed Co. to watch UFC 60 and left very angry. I spent over 70 bucks on food and spirits before the fight and then at 10pm.... NO FIGHT.
    No. Fucking. Signal.
    The place was packed with people waiting to see Hughes vs. Gracie, and they can't get the satellite feed. I was ANGRY.

The bartenders didn't know what was wrong.
    Apparently all feeds in Ottawa were down. I found out who won from a guy near my table whose brother in Northern Ontario got the pay-per-view.

Matt Hughes beat the Legend. I was told it lasted about 4 minutes, with Gracie breaking his own arm to get out of a submission and the ref stopping the fight after Hughes was pounding Royce with punches.

Matt Hughes is no joke folks. If what I heard is true, this guy is a legend in his own right. I don't like Hughes as a person, but as a fighter, you gotta give him his props.

As for TUF3, The May 18th show was weak but the fight was good. Tait Fletcher (bodyguard from L.A.) lost a decision to Josh Haynes from Oregon. Like everyone else, I thought these two were gonna go another round. But the judges said they had a decision. Tough break, Tait. Maybe now you have time to go properly shave...

Last week's episode sucked the big weenie.

Tito had no choice but to have Danny fight Ed Herman.
    Danny didn't have a hope in hell, despite his bragging.
    He pissed and moaned about his back, and GAVE his arm to Ed to submit. GAVE IT TO HIM. Here, take my arm and break it!

Lame.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-14-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

Just some notes on current UFC stuff:

I just saw the landmark UFC 100 fight between Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar and it was beautiful.

I hate Frank Mir with a passion.
    I hate all guys who talk shit all the time.
    Who run their mouths to the point of being assclowns.
    Frank Mir trash-talked Brock so much that I was PRAYING that Brock would dismantle him.
    And dismantle him he did.
    The first fight (that Mir won) was a fluke, a win by a mistake by Lesnar that Mir capitalized on. That's all. If Mir was so fucking great a fighter that he claims (he thinks he can beat Fedor?!??!- fuck off Frank) he would have had no trouble with Lesnar.
    But no, he got beat down and pounded so badly up against the cage it's unreal.
    And the best part for me was after the fight and Brock goes right up to the bloody pulp of Mir and says:
    TRASH TALK NOW!
    Hella Yeah!
    Hella Yeah!
    Hella Fuckin' Yeah!

And on the same night, Legend Dan Henderson annihilated Mike Bisping (a guy I like and who's never been knocked out).
    For his first knockout, Mike sure as hell got clocked.
    You watch it- he looked like he was dead after the ref stopped the fight.

UFC is brutal brutality. All the way.
    I understand why "gentiles" don't like it, who think it's cro-magnon shit. I get it.
    But you know what, with so many men out there who are pussies, with so few avenues besides the army to be tough and brave, I LOVE MMA fighting. LOVE IT.
    Anyone else who loves it knows why it's cool.
    Because it's a system of separating the men from the boys.
    It's a way to make men Legends and make pussies who run their mouths learn that they're pussies. Frank Mir just learned it.
    Lesnar has had only 5 fights and already he's stomping all comers. I'm watching how he improves and progresses with huge interest. Call me a cro-magnon. I don't care. I love UFC.
    Last edited by Johann; 07-14-2009 at 10:18 AM.

There is a huge hatred for Brock Lesnar out there and I totally understand it. People just don't consider him to be MMA material.
    That's fine.
    Dana White (Prez of UFC) is trying to get a matchup going with Brock and Fedor, which will satisfy the Lesnar haters because we all know that Fedor is practically unbeatable. True, that. Watch his fights.
    The man is a machine. He's so calm in the ring, like a Zen Master, reacting to his opponent as is necessary. He's just plain amazing to watch, and I know why Dana is so keen on getting him into the UFC.
    Fedor turned them down before, understandably, because when you sign a UFC contract, you sign your rights away. they own you, basically. Fedor said "No thanks" before, so maybe Dana is lightening up the restrictions to please Fedor. If he gets into the UFC, he'll take that belt from Brock with little trouble and go on to reign supreme for a good long while. Oh yeah. He WILL.
    He's the best fighter on the planet right now.

And Frank Mir? He wants a rematch!
    Ha ha.
    He said that if only he weighed ten more pounds he would've beat Lesnar. OK Frank. Whatever you say Pal.
    He said his kids were watching the fight and he's upset over how Lesnar handled his victory. Don't bring your kids to an MMA match you idiot! What are you, retarded? Yes. Yes you are. With your jew-fro and your flappy gums.
    Go back to the gym buddy. Learn some more. And gain another 40 pounds if you want to handle Lesnar without a submission.

I haven't heard an apology from Mir about all the trash talking he did prior to UFC 100. That really pisses me off.

Sure, he's admitted that he "pretty much got owned" and that he underestimated Lesnar's wrestling skills, but dude, Brock beat you fucking senseless. For talking smack. For 15 months. Because you felt superior because you beat him before with a fluke foothold. Brock should've beat some respect into your trash-talkin' bitch ass, but no, all I've seen and heard from you is grudging quips and gripes about how your kids were at the fight.

People think Mir is great and I don't get it.
    I look at the whole package, not just fighting skills.
    What kind of man are you Frank?
    Admit you're sorry for that deplorable trash-talk you did.
    I'm all for trash-talk. When it's justified.
    And if it wasn't (because, say, you got your ass whipped BAD) then you admit it. More than just stating the obvious.
    You admit you were an assclown.
    That's the first stepping stone to regaining respect.
    I have none for Mir and never will.
    FUCK FRANK MIR.

I know I'm the only member here who follows UFC, but I like posting my thoughts on it.

November 21, 2009 is a big event date.
    My friend Brock Lesnar faces Shane Carwin for the Heavyweight Championship.
    When I say "friend" I mean it. Brock accepted my friend request on facebook when I ordered from his Death Clutch website- and now he's reached the limit for friends on there- he has announced that he won't accept any more friends becuase facebook only allows a 5000 person limit ! MySpace has WAY more.

But to get to the matchup, it's difficult to predict even though I strongly believe Brock will win.

It's difficult because I've never seen Shane Carwin fight.
    I have no clue who he is or what he's capable of.
    But if he was selected to face Brock for the Championship then he must have serious skill. Brock has gone on record talking about how Carwin hasn't really faced anybody, that his fight record is "1-0", that his oponents have been nobodies.
    Carwin said in a recent interview that Brock is ignorant about his record and said "if I could kick his ass tomorrow I would".
    Ok, Shane. Let's see you execute a win on Brock.

This seems like an exciting match, but I don't know for sure how it will go. If Carwin somehow beats Lesnar, it will be a spectacular upset, a career-maker for Shane. In fact, if he pulled off a defeat, he would be an instant Hero to many many Lesnar haters. He would. He'd be hailed as a Giant-Slayer. And he would have my respect. I don't know who he is, but seriously, if he somehow beats Brock, then something historic and wild will have gone down.

I have all the confidence in the world that Brock will get it done again and keep his belt. He's just an awesome man who's proven that he can go toe to toe with Legends (Randy Couture for one) and beat them fucking silly. Man, I could watch that Couture TKO over and over. Brock used his head as a basketball! It was unreal!
    And Frank Mir? WOW. Greatest MMA match of the year.
    So beautiful I ache inside.
    To see that assclown Mir get the living shit pounded out of him was so amazing I can't even believe it.

Go Brock Lesnar!

youtubing the lesnar couture fight now... wow, the dude is huge. Looks like a comic book character. unreal...

Brock is definitely a big big man. But he can move like a cat.

Many people have commented on how fast he can move for his size. He neutralized Frank Mir's "superior" ju-jitsu skills.
    He just smothered him, broke in his hips and fed him punches to the face until the ref stopped the fight.

Just like his trainers said he would. "If you can't create your space, technique goes out the window".
    And the way he trains is pretty damn impressive.
    Watch his videos on his Death Clutch website- it's insanity.

Randy Couture griped about how big a guy he is when asked to give advice to other fighters who will fight Brock. It seems MMA fighters don't like great big guys. But if you have skills that are way "superior", like Frank Mir (HA HA HA!) you should be able to take him out. Right? The bigger they are, the harder they fall, right? Brock may be an exception. He's dead serious about being the greatest UFC Heavyweight Champ ever.
    He's here and he's no fucking joke.
    His fists can snap out faster than a boxer- that's how he caught Couture, with a whip-snap fist that grazed his head. Then he just went to town on the "Naturals" head. That dude needs to retire.
    If he loses his next fight (which is coming up very soon- before the Lesnar/Carwin), I think you'll see him announce his retirement.

I'm not saying Brock is unbeatable- he's been beat already in his UFC career and he may lose again, but right now he's learned and grown by leaps and bounds with each fight.
    He avenged his one loss (in a truly spectacular and justice-is-served way) and he seems to have no worthy opponents in the heavyweight division.

I'm following his career closely. He impressed me beyond belief by annihilating that fucking idiot Frank Mir. God do I hate that guy.
    Everytime he opens his mouth I want someone to fill it with a fist.
    He's so full of himself and talks so much bullshit it hurts.
    His website has never acknowledged the brutal defeat he suffered, and even his fans have been telling him to nut up or shut up. He's an overconfident assclown. He has said (in a commercial of all things! a commercial for shoes!) that 99% of the people on the planet couldn't beat him. OK Frank.
    I guess that big dumb, oafish wrestler is part of that 1% then?
    Ha.
    Man, when the ref for that match said "touch gloves..let's make it official" and Brock turned his back to Mir...WOW!!!
    That was so amazing. And then he just annihilates Mir.
    Best match of the year.

The Carwin/Lesnar fight has been postponed until 2010.
    That sux!!
    Apparently Brock has a bad illness that has interrupted his training. OK...
    Heal up big guy and put on a beast-like show!
    Don't make your fans wait for too long...

Alright, so what's going on in the UFC universe nowadays?

The Light-Heavyweight and Heavyweight divisions are the only divisions I care about. If you don't like that, stop reading now.

Saturday night is UFC 113, with the main event being a rematch between Shogun Rua and Lyoto Machida.
    Shogun is convinced that he won the last match, despite the judges decision. Machida is an absolutely amazing fighter to me.
    I wish I had his skills.
    Machida is a difficult opponent to fight. He's very "elusive", very difficult to find a weakness on. Tito "the Tool" Ortiz never landed a single punch on Machida. It was hilarious. Tito chased him around the octagon and got JACK SHIT on him. I used to like Tito. But now I see how much of a goof he is. He can't hang with the evolved fighters in the sport today. There was a time when Tito was dangerous, but now? Retire Teeto! Retire today! lol

Of all the fights I've seen Machida in, he's displayed a Zen and style that is just beautiful. He truly "floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee".
    I'm pulling for Machida all the way. His whole aura is awesome. I like how he approaches fights and how he's so calm.
    But Shogun is a very dangerous man. He ain't no chump. His kicks did major damage to Machida the last fight. Machida said he was walking around in pain for 3 days after the bout...this match on Saturday's for the Light-Heavyweight title. Go Machida! I hope the victor has a DECISIVE win, so there's no doubt as to who the better man was in the cage.

Someone on some MMA website made the accusation that the last fight for the interim Heavyweight belt was rigged, that Frank Mir was PAID to take a fall. I find that hard to believe, but I do wonder about it.
    The guy made a claim that in order to have much bigger paychecks/pay-per-view/gate at UFC 116, they wanted an earth-shaking Main Event, something that sells like nobody's business- even long after, with DVD sales and shit.
    MIR/LESNAR 3 just doesn't hold enough juice. Especially since it's only been a year since UFC 100..
    So this guy thinks that Dana White and the Masters of MMA fighting at Zuffa paid Frank Mir to take a fall against Shane Carwin?
    If that's even remotely true, then there is a possible mafia/fraud scam going on here on a large scale.
    Don't go all Don King on us Dana! Say it ain't so that fighters are paid to take a nosedive like Sonny Liston just so you can have bigger gates!
    That would turn me off the MMA game de FACTO.
    Is there a WWE-type hype machine being well oiled here? Is Dana taking notes from Vince McMahon & his Champ Brock? Who knows, but I'm certainly contemplating it. I am thinking about it.
    I find it very difficult to believe, but at the same time I've made a little mental note about it. Let's just say that that kind of corruption "is possible".

That said, Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin on July 3rd is probably the most exciting MMA match I've heard of.
    It doesn't really matter who wins- both guys are worthy champions. My "rooting" if you will, goes to Brock, because he actually has much more to lose than Carwin. Carwin has a perfect record. With no fight going beyond the first round. He's a Legend already, at age 35.
    How big will his Legend be if he knocks out Brock Lesnar?
    Brock has the bigger task of knocking out a man who's never been knocked out, who punches like he's going to take your head off and who no one has been able to weaken. They are about the same size/weight (even tho Brock is taller) but Carwin has stronger punching power. He can knock you out with a SHORT PUNCH. A 2-inch uppercut can bring you to your knees! Just ask Frank Mir!
    If I bet on this match, I'd bet on Carwin. Just because of his arsenal and his power.
    But I'm a fan of Brock Lesnar. I'd like to see him win, keep his belt. Because then, nobody will say that Brock can't fight. He will truly be Champion and a man to be reckoned with. (he already is in my eyes, but there are still so many shitpumps who still don't think so- who does he have to knock out to shut these fucking jokers up? GOD?) And then that would set up Lesnar/Carwin II, which nobody is opposed to, right?

Brock has to prove that the Heavyweight belt is His, and His only. That's a tall order, given that his next opponent is the baddest man Brock has ever faced. And that bad man is undefeated. With hands like wrecking balls. Who dropped Frank Mir with 2 short uppercuts, the NEW and IMPROVED Frank Mir at that! Frank had put on 40 pounds! And Carwin finished him in less than one round! Brock took almost 2 rounds to knock Frank out...

July 3rd will be exciting as hell! (and strangely it's on the 39th anniversary of Jim Morrison's death)
    Last edited by Johann; 05-06-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Oh yeah, and KIMBO SLICE fights Matt Mitrione on saturday night.
    Do ya love Kimbo or hate him?
    I'm kinda neutral...

Well, my man Machida got knocked out last night. His first loss EVER.
    Much respect to Shogun Rua. To dismantle Lyoto Machida LIKE THAT, wow you are a dangerous light-heavyweight...
    I'll be watching how Shogun defends his belt quite closely. He's a machine.

And Kimbo Slice got TKO'd.
    (yawn)

Last night kicked major ass for me. I was hanging around the Molson Amphitheatre just waiting to HEAR Iron Maiden when some dude said "you want to go to the show?" and handed me two tickets. They were a hundred bucks a pop. I'm still reeling from that. The show was for Dream Theatre and Maiden, but I only got to see Maiden. But how much does that ROCK!?!?
    This year has been unbelievable for me. I'm waiting for something really bad to happen. LOL

ANYWAY

My Man Brock Lesnar managed to beat Shane Carwin in an amazing Main Event @ UFC 116.

But! he got dummied pretty badly by Shane. I thought it was all over, actually. I was waiting for the ref to stop the fight.
    But Brock took it and was able to wear Shane out and get him in a triangle.

Still the UFC Heavyweight Champ!!!!!!
    Still shuttin' up the fuckin' jokers who think he's "a big dumb WWE wrestler"

Shut Yo Mouth Sucka!

BROCK IS FUCKING KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's take a second to address Frank Mir again, because he's a pest.
    He's like a fly that buzzes really loud around your ear and you can't swat it away.

I read online that recently he's been analyzing video of Brock Lesnar's win over Shane Carwin and he seems to think he can knock out Brock because of it. He sees "flaws" in Brock's game that he feels he can expose.

First, why are you even thinking of a match with Lesnar Frank? You are barely even in the heavyweight division! You said you JUST DECIDED to stay a heavyweight. Glad you made that decision. It must have been an agonizing one..
    You still think you can beat Brock when the man improves by leaps and fucking bounds with every match?
    Holy shit your gumption amazes me!
    Are you noticing in those fight reviews of yours that Brock is the toughest man in the UFC?
    YOU YOURSELF would not have survived that unbelievable onslaught that Brock endured- YOU would've been outta there in 6 seconds!
    Brock withstood that heavy shit and came back to submit the UNDEFEATED Carwin- you would never in a trillion years have done that.
    A lightbulb should've gone off in your empty head that Brock is a true freak of nature.
    That lightbulb should've gone off in your two fights with him, but you're a first-class arrogant shithead aren't you?

Man, what a pest he is.
    Frank! You have no hope in hell of ever getting that belt.
    The sooner you realize that, the sooner you won't get beat like a gong again.
    Go do commentary for soccer Frank. You're much better suited to that.

Just wanted to post that my pride in Brock Lesnar couldn't be any greater.
    It's so fuckin' sweet that he kept his belt at UFC 116. And the way he kept it is amazing.
    He submitted Shane Carwin.
    NO ONE predicted that- Lesnar haters, Lesnar fans, NO ONE. (except Brock's trainers :)

It's so beautiful, what he did. Just when I thought that the greatest MMA match ever was Lesnar/Mir II, along comes UFC 116.
    Wow. I'm still basking in it.
    Brock basically shut up every single person who said he sucks.
    He shut 'em up in Grand Style. Who's your Daddy?

How can the haters deny the awesomeness of Brock Lesnar? If you do, then why don't you cut off your nose to spite your face while you're at it?

The ones who still hate on Brock piss and moan that the fight was over in the first round- that Shane had Brock knocked out.
    Well, it looked that way, didn't it? But you weren't the ref, who had a much better view of the action.
    And Brock was moving, trying to show that he was still aware that he was in a fight, unlike Frank Mir, who splayed himself out like a hooker when he was being pounded out.

And all these Brock haters wouldn't be saying jack shit if Shane KO'd Brock in the second round, wouldn't they? DAMN RIGHT THEY WOULDN'T.
    They'd be stroking their tiny dicks over how Brock "finally got what he deserved".

A WWE wrestler has taken over the UFC Heavyweight division. And he ain't giving that belt up until he wants to.
    He was thrown to the wolves. he was never given any easy fights. EVER.
    Brock's taken everything that's been thrown his way and where does he stand today?
    ON FUCKING TOP. HE'S THE FUCKING CHAMPION.
    'Nuff said.

Bless you Brock.
    Pride ain't just a fight orgo. It's what I got for an awesome man who lives in Minnesota...

The UFC has a new Heavyweight Champ, and I was reluctant to say anything until now. But you have to call a spade a spade...

My Man Brock Lesnar got the shit beat out of him by Cain Velasquez. In one round to boot.
    I have huge respect for Velasquez now. He EARNED that belt.

I don't like criticizing my favorite UFC fighter at all, but you gotta face the music when you gotta face the music.

Brock was too cocky prior to this fight. He underestimated Velasquez big time.
    During the pre-fight press conference Brock said "I don't think Cain Velasquez is the man who will take the belt from me"
    That was a red flag for me beacuse it was the same thing he's said about other opponents. But I paid it no mind, because this is BROCK, my Man!

Cain is the first serious MMA fighter that Brock has faced to me. I can hear peeps criticize me now: "What about Mir? What about Couture?"
    Ehhhhhh, I'm actually unimpressed with those two. Unimpressed.
    Couture got his head pounded off the mat like a ping-pong ball by a novice to MMA- that should not have happened.
    Mir is just a joke. And always will be. Hair-gel addicted/arrogant mouthpiece.

Cain took Brock apart.
    Systematically.
    Like a surgeon.
    It was unreal.
    Brock's face looked like hamburger after the fight.

I only hope that Brock doesn't lose his resolve and comes back to conquer.
    Last edited by Johann; 11-10-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast