Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Fighter- good TV

Cain Velasquez is injured! The fight with Werdum has been altered! I won't be watching it on PPV!
    I'll save my money and tell you the results instead! Yeah! Why am I using exclamation points! I don't know!
    LOL

More brutal news:

Travis Browne is a woman-beater. My respect for Travis has evaporated. Travis is still married to another woman while he pokes Ronda Rousey! She hosted SNL, and was sporting a ring- and Travis's wife tweeted "Did Travis give Ronda a "Promise Ring???" and warned her how much of a mistake it is to date Travis, who beat his wife, apparently. You know, I really despise guys who hit women. You're not a fucking man if you hit a woman. There is no way on God's earth you can look cool or righteous when hitting a woman. NEVER. Even if the bitch deserves to be 6-feet under, YOU DON'T DO IT. You don't look good even if you were in the right. You look like a knuckle-dragging cro-magnon asshole fuckhead. And that's what you are, Travis Browne. You lay your hands on a chick, you're pure scum, for ETERNITY. If she deserves what's coming to her, then you get smart and find another way to one-up her. You don't lay a hand on a woman, ever. So make no mistake: Ronda Rousey is Dumb to the millionth power. Can't wait to see how the break-up with Travis will go down...

Sorry Travis, you're a fucking idiot. No respect will be given to you from this moment forward...
    "Set the controls for the heart of the Sun" - Pink Floyd

I just learned that legendary MMA fighter Kevin Randleman died over a week ago. Sad news...

I've seen many of his fights, the best being his war with Fedor (which he lost) where he dumped Fedor on his head! The greatest slam in MMA history was in that fight, and it was Kevin's work. He lost the fight, but that slam is gonna be replayed for decades to come..

Werdum refused to fight in UFC 196 without Cain as his opponent, while at the same time citing an injury. I'm a little amazed that these guys can get out of a fight so easily. How are lawsuits not flying? I would never say guys get injured to get out of fights, but I really wouldn't be surprised. If I was a UFC fighter you'd never see me weasel out of a fight. Never. I'd never let anyone even THINK I was about that. You duck a fight, you're a coward to me.
    Why'd ya take the fight in the first place, if ya weren't serious, dummy???

Just some updates on the UFC (things change very fast in this sport!):

- My Man Lyoto Machida is gearing up to take on Dan Henderson again in April. Those two guys are my boys, and I hate that they're paired up again. But, as I said before, my money's on Machida. I love Lyoto's style so much..maythe best man win. I'll be watching with Bells On!

- Chris Weidman was handed his first defeat in December, at the hands of Luke Rockhold (what a name for an MMA fighter, eh?). Chris got ground 'n pounded into a TKO that bloodied up his face. Luke did some damage. Chris said he wasn't making an excuse when he said he fought with an injured foot- he thought he could beat Luke even with the injury. He was wrong. Watch out for Luke Rockhold, folks. The guy is impressive...You TKO Weidman you're a BAD MAN. :)

- Michael Bisping faces Anderson Silva very soon- Is Silva CLEAN, Dana White? Holy fuck do I hope so. I wish Mike Luck. I'd love to see him beat Silva. What a feather in his cap that would be...

- and in May Alistair Overeem looks like he'll be fighting Andrei Arlovski. Good luck, Andrei. I love you, but I have to give the win to The Reem. If you had trouble putting Frank Mir away, you'll be in the hurt locker against Alistair. But anything can happen in this sport, and if you beat The Reem you're in a very exclusive club...
    Last edited by Johann; 02-22-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Michael Bisping won a Unanimous decision against Anderson Silva on Saturday night. AWESOME MIKE!
    I watched the highlight reel, and Silva proved how much of a shitstain he is yet again, thinking he KO'd Mike with a knee.
    Not quite, you disgraceful Idiot.
    Bisping knocked Silva down with a right hand, I thought it was over then-clearly he had the upper hand. Silva played dirty, as he always does, and he's a complete fraud to me.
    I want to start a petition to have Anderson Silva barred from fighting ever again.
    He pisses me off that much. Fuck Silva. He's a walking mistake.

Mike, I got a few pints with your name on 'em...

UFC 196 is one for the record books.

Holly Holm was choked out by Meisha Tate- Astounding! Congrats Meisha! That's gotta sting Ronda Rousey something Fierce...Ronda gets knocked out, and Meisha does what Ronda couldn't!- submit Holly! Wowza. I'm very happy for Meisha, NEW BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMP!!

And Conor McGregor lost to Nate Diaz- stunning.(To me at least) Conor should've had this one. Diaz is easy to beat in my opinion. You only have to study 2 fights and you should know how to attack that lanky pothead. LOL

Mark Hunt knocked out snake Frank Mir in the first round at UFC fight night 85.
    If you're reading this Mark, you got a case of beer coming your way...anyone in Mark's camp reading this, message me for the suds.

Memo to Frank Mir:
    RETIRE. NOW.

Frank Mir may be suspended for 2 years for having steroids in his system after a drug test proved it.
    That means he's done.
    It's over Frank.

Nothing like going out on bottom, eh?

UFC 197 was excellent. I went to a sports bar to see it on PPV, as I was super-stoked for the Jones/St.-Preux fight.
    I predicted that Jones would be knocked out for the first time, but that didn't happen. I was sure that Jon had met his match (after Daniel Cormier, of course). The fight was great. Jones had ring rust, and after the fight Daniel Cormier said if Jones had fought him in the octagon in that condition he would've beat Jones easily. (Their rivalry is one of the hottest in UFC history). The fight went the full five rounds, and Jones admitted that Ovince threw him off, and that he was not particularly happy with his performance.
    I can't wait for the re-match between these two. Fights like Jones/St-Preux are fights I wish for. Two fearsome dudes going at it hammer and tongs. You don't see Jones get punched in the face that often, but Ovince did it. Ovince also had his arm broken, and he still fought to the end! That is epic shit!. Dana White said Ovince's stock went up at UFC 197. It sure did. He can hold his head high. He held his own for 5 rounds against the "pound for pound best".

And what can I say about Mighty Mouse? Demetrious Johnson? He never fails to impress. He dominated that top wrestler- what's his name? Ceruja? Just overwhelmed him, swarmed him. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at him. Mighty Mouse's title defences are creeping up as high as Anderson Silva's.

The prelim fights were also great- UFC 197 is a DVD that will be worth buying. I'm a little annoyed that Ovince didn't KO Jones, because I think he may be the only man who could do it besides Daniel Cormier. But who cares? Jones had to go the distance and Ovince never backed down, even with a fuckin' broken arm. The UFC is the best sport in the world. You wanna see TRUE heart and skill in sports? UFC BABY...

I watched UFC 198 in it's entirety on my birthday. I went out for some outstanding nosh and took in the event at a sports bar.
    It's another UFC card that will be a great DVD to peruse.

We got ourselves a new Heavyweight Champion- Stipe Miocic KO'd Febricio Werdum! In the first round, in front of Werdum's home crowd in Brazil (that's gotta sting), and the entire fight card- prelims and all- was pretty great.
    But as Awesome as the main event was, I was more impressed with the TKO of Vitor Belfort, who was sporting a wild hairdo I must say. WTF was up with that haircut? lol, I mean, he looked like a Mohawk warrior, a time-traveller! lol
    But he got owned. He seemed to give up, actually, when he got that nasty cut over the bridge of his nose...the blood in his eyes must've been supremely distracting...Vitor is a Legend. Hats off to him, but I think he should either take time off to train real hard for a re-match to get the fire in his belly to take on someone as fearsome as Ronaldo Souza or he should just get out of the game. Mixed Martial Arts has a new generation of master fighters coming up, people who really studied and trained to be champions, and the Souza/Belfort fight is proof that a new breed is here. I was supremely impressed with Souza- dominating Belfort even while getting up-kicked!

And the women's fight was damn cool. CYBORG has arrived...
    Last edited by Johann; 05-17-2016 at 07:44 AM.

I gotta comment on this September boxing match between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather.

The first point is: Why is this even happening? Conor is a bit of a spoiled brat if you ask me, and he does have some fighting skill, but his super-fast "impressive" victory over Jose Aldo didn't move me an inch. The fight started and it was over in like, 3 seconds. Fans were robbed of a fight. Aldo got caught, but it wasn't anything spectacular. What made it seem so was all the fuckin' hype before the fight! Conor was the trash-talkin' dumpster from hell. And by the way, his trash-talking really irked me when he called out "Old Man" Henry Rollins for a superfight. Conor's rep took a nosedive when he did that. Henry would wipe the floor with Conor, and he would do it with HIS EXTREMELY TENACIOUS AND TACTICAL MIND, which Conor seriously lacks.
    If you can't even promote your fights spoiled brat Conor, you aren't worthy to step into the octagon with Hank.
    As Henry said in response to your lunacy: Conor wouldn't last a day in my world (Black Flag)

I watched the highlights of UFC 199, another great UFC event. Michael Bisping made history by becoming the first ever Brit to win a UFC belt!!! CONGRATS MIKE!!! You did exactly what you said you were gonna do: :"Wipe the smug grin off" Luke Rockhold's face!

I never knew that Rockhold was a smug asshole, but I've since learned he is. He felt Bisping "had nothing" in a fight against him, he dismissed Bisping as a joke, never even gave him a second thought! Luke, buddy...NEVER underestimate your opponent in the UFC, especially when you've got a belt! What were you doing? At the start of the fight to touch gloves you were mouthing off to Bisping that he wasn't gonna win no way no how in this fight. So how do you explain getting KO'd? In the first round? And I learned from Mike himself that he offered to shake your hand after the fight and you muttered to him: "I already shook your hand! Fuck off!"
    BITTER are we?
    I see a re-match in the future...better not take Bisping lightly next time Luke...

And last night I saw a replay of UFC 187- the awesome fights between Chris Weidman/Vitor Belfort and Daniel Cormier/Anthony Johnson.
    Great fucking fights, with Weidman ground 'n pounding Vitor into a TKO and Daniel Cormier making a fearsome dude cower in fear. It was a sheer delight to watch Daniel Cormier all over Anthony. After the second round, Johnson's corner was chastising him: "You knew it would be hard!! Can you go another three rounds????
    Last edited by Johann; 06-09-2016 at 01:20 PM.

UFC 200 news:

I am not happy about Brock Lesnar fighting at UFC 200. I love Brock, but he should stay away from the UFC. he's taking on Mark Hunt in what can only be called a "seat sale". This is a publicity stunt, and the only reason it's being pulled is because Dana White wants to put more butts into seats, nothing more. And Brock will get knocked out. Bank on it. He's "juiced to the gills" according to Mark Hunt, and I would agree. brock is getting special doping rules waived for this fight (!?!?!) I'm a fan of Brock's, but the facts state he was RETIRED by Alistair Overeem. Unless he's taking on The Reem again, I see no purpose in Brock fighting. He's still in the WWE...this is weird...I think Brock is making a huge mistake and he's gonna pay for it.

And I simply can't wait for the Daniel Cormier/Jon Jones bout.
    This is Daniel's moment.
    Time to prove that the Light-Heavyweight title does not belong to an arrogant champion! (Jones is fearsome, but his ego is huge, he's arrogant to a T)
    Last edited by Johann; 06-21-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Brock Lesnar has stated that he's not entering the octagon again for the fans. He's doing it for himself. He's told the world: "sorry, but this is about me. And why shouldn't it be about me?"

Brock! You sound like Frank Mir! Your stock has just gone way down, and now I'm hoping you get the living shit knocked out of you.
    Just wait until Mark's fists start landing- you'll turn turtle faster than Mir did!! You will cower at those ham-hands rocketing toward your big blonde buzzcut melon.
    UFC 200 will be a landmark event. I've already made plans to see it Live on PPV.

The city of Ottawa Canada held it's first UFC event ever this past saturday, but I did not attend. I pay attention to the card, and no one cared to put exciting fighters in the octagon in Ottawa. Donald Cerrone has a fine record, the most finishes of any UFC fighter, and he was probably the most fearsome dude on the card. He stopped Patrick Cote with strikes, with a TKO, and Cote has never been finished with just strikes. The main event had Rory MacDonald, but he flamed out, died a slow death.
    The worst part of the event (told to me by a couple people I know) was no air conditioning. TD Place had no air conditioning apparently, and one young child suffered heat stroke while there! A 7-hour event (going until 1AM) and people were sweltering.
    I guess they felt what Californians are feeling these days...
    Last edited by Johann; 06-22-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Jon Jones is out of UFC 200 for a doping violation.

I structured my life around this event. (AT A COST!) I'm done with the UFC.

Just a post-mortem on the UFC:

I am done with the organization, but I still have an askewed eye toward it. I've noticed that the company is being primed to sell, and when that happens, the sport will flounder. Dana White is a big part of why the UFC caught my attention. He was the right boss for such a venture. However, it's gone to his head and he spoke at the RNC in favor of Trump for Prez. Dana lost giant stock with that blunder. Not only that, the fights are not based on rankings anymore- it's only what the fans want. Case in point: this retarded "rivalry" between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor. Conor was so arrogant and so showboaty that he thought he could move up in weight class and dominate Diaz. How awesome was it to see Conor tap out from a rear-naked choke??? It was pretty great to see that mouthy ginger leprechaun get taken down a notch. This re-match that happened over the weekend (UFC 202) was exciting, but Conor is dreaming if he thinks he decisively won that fight. Another round and he would've been tapping out again. As Nate said after the fight: "He's going to the hospital! I'm going out to party! I'm ready for fight #3!! Let's do it!" (paraphrase). Conor can't fight for 6 months now- doctors orders. The judges gave it to Conor because of those 2 knockdowns he got earlier in the fight. The fight ended with Nate on top, despite a loss.

Now Conor says Nate should drop down to 155 pounds, like he went up to fight him. RIGHT! It don't work that way, Conor! That's Blarney!
    Nate has stood toe to toe with you and you realize now that Nate has more skill than you thought. And as Nate said: You were running from him during that fight! You were keeping your distance, weren't ya? Damn right you were.
    The hype for Conor McGregor is gonzo now. He doesn't want a re-match with Jose Aldo either...Aldo is coming for REDEMPTION.

Heal up, Ginger. Let's see just how tough you really are...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast