Thread: Oh, those Cliches

Oh, those Cliches

Here's a list.... (feel free to contribute)

Star wins Academy Award for best actor then does a stinker movie right after (Halle Berry in Die Another Day) I felt bad for Hoffman.

Obvious Cliches found in MI:III (please include your own)

Arms dealer sells to terrorist: (License to Kill, among others)

Jumping off building to parachute: (MI:II, Bond, etc.)

Jumping off height to slow down via rip cord: (MI:I, Bond)

Shooting gas tank to make it explode (every stunt movie made in the 1990's) I saw on Discovery channel that this is impossible.

Spouse is taught how to use a gun in 20 seconds, then shoots like a pro (too many to count)

Villians fire machine guns at hero and every shot misses, but hero shoots one shot and kills target perfectly!!!!!(way overdone!)

Hero always manages to miss heat seeking missile by 'swerving' but it never works in reverse.

Throwing arms into air at the end (like referee does touchdown)

Crossing the bridge from the keys to Florida as a jet plane shoots at the hero (True Lies with Arnie)

Bad guy uses the wife to make hero do something bad (every single Bruce Willis movie, every single Lethal Weapon, etc.

"There's a mole in the organization": MI:I and others (Ipcress File)

Souse/girlfriend doesn't have a clue that boyfriend/husband flying off for three or more days without an explanation is a spy; then goes into denial when informed. (True Lies and others)

The best part of the "experience" was watching the new American Express commercial with (I confess I do not remember the director's name). He walks from one set up to another with one comic situation after another. I belly laughed through the entire thing (I saw the cut version last night on television). His deadpan delivery and asides made it one of the best commercials ever made!
    Colige suspectos semper habitos

Re: Oh, those Cliches

Originally posted by cinemabon

The best part of the "experience" was watching the new American Express commercial with (I confess I do not remember the director's name). He walks from one set up to another with one comic situation after another. I belly laughed through the entire thing (I saw the cut version last night on television). His deadpan delivery and asides made it one of the best commercials ever made!
    'Twas Wes Anderson.
    "So I'm a heel, so what of it?"
    --Renaldo the Heel, from Crimewave