Director: John Lasseter

The official site
see
http://www.disney.go.com/disneypictures/cars

My thoughts ...

-- I would like to credit those who draw the animated cars. When I first saw the poster (and subsequently the trailer) of the various cars, I have already convinced myself to watch this movie, regardless of how it fare. After all, don't you agree that the cars are very well drawn? hee hee ...

-- Although the laughs are intermittent and not throughout (or funny enough for kids), there are still numerous nice humor. Off hand now, I can recall a few ...
... dont miss the first race
... dont miss the last "drive in" movies ...

-- As usual, these animations have important messages for all ...
(i) such as family and friendship,
(ii) and life as a journey rather than the destination ...
(iii) and adults may appreciate the sentiments or reminiscences about "good old days" slightly more.

-- In terms of pacing, I think the two races are exciting ... wow ...
but occasionally, the pace may slow down (no good?!) ... oh no, isn't that the message of the movie?! (too bad, they do not want the audience to race through, but take a back seat once in a while ... ha ha ha) ...

-- I like two of the songs ...
... (song name?) song when they reminisce about the past
... (song name?) song during end credits

What could be better (if at all)?
-- the humor/joke should be more frequent and tailored more towards kids; after all, it is an animation primarily targeted at kids ...
-- the pacing in the middle ... unless you really want the audience to "slow down" so as to better "understand" the message ... but do you really need to?
-- some also feel that americans can better appreciate some of the settings and scenarios and jokes ... (although the messages can be applied universally)
-- a technical "inconsistency"?! ... that McQueen was repainted but appeared same for the second race (i can only presume they have to do so for the "sponsor's sake" ...) ... but then, McQueen was back to its different paint at the end (i can only presume it does so because it returns to Radiator Springs ...) ... but frankly, was it an oversight after rendering?! * puzzled *

Conclusion
Recommended. It can be better, but it is definitely not a flop. So, give it a chance! Who knows, if no better animation is in competition, it may walk away with the Oscar next year.

PS:
Do not be late, there is a short before the movie, "One Man Band" ... Very funny!
Do not leave early, there are clips during the end credits ...
BUT ALSO, there is an ending clip at the end!