Few if any of these have flaws that I consider in any way significant. Posts are written as to provide, as succintly as possible, a brief description, reasons why I like the film particularly, and a bit of context. Sufficient, I would think, as a starting point for any potential discussion (you know I appreciate and respond to any query or dissenting point of view).
Of course I know the latter and appreciate it. Not seeing any flaws could give one less to discuss, however, I'm afraid; likewise with giving only "a brief description." It's only when you open up a bit that you give another viewer/reader something to chew on or respond to. And as I implied, this is a forum website, for dicussion; just reading your log of viewings isn't interesting or in keeping with the site. Granted, many of us post longer reviews of movies, usually new ones, and don't get much response from those either. Nonetheless you may be providing somebody with some useful information, though the more the list is just random in its order the less that's likely to happen.

I don't think most viewers would buy the evaluaton of Molokh as "engaging" and "highly stimulating." The pace is leaden and the plot almost nonexistent. It's worth looking at all Sokurov's recent efforts to see the stylistic elements. I personally liked Father and Son, though one could be pretty critical of it. For me it all comes together in The Sun.

I don't quite buy that my calling Casque d'Or "uninvolving" says more about me than about the film, but maybe it's too operatic for me; I'm not an opera fan. Here you are calling Molokh "engaging" and "highly stimulating," so your pulse seems to go up awfully easily. I feel stimulated when I see Signoret with her beauty and energy on the screen, but I don't feel the romance is developed very well. I was expecting more crime and more love.

I would think "film buffs" have always been "rediscovering" Boettecher ever since the 70's, or they sort of were then, when I went to some PFA event with Tom Luddy I think, and some expert who'd written a book on Boettecher. Sounded really cool, but I didn't pursue it, partly because since childhood I thought you were either a cops-n-robbers buy or a westerns guy and I was a cops-n-robbers guy, I knew that from the first movie I ever saw, like when I was about 8. Anyway good that more Boettecher titles are to be released on DVD, assuming DVD's last.

True Cold Water probably would appeal, and I am accumulating more titles to look for when I'm in Paris, though it will depend on what I can find in shops. For me it's all good, since a crap film in French can be fun for me, depending on the language.

Alexander Korda--yeah, definitely.but he is listed as the, or an, uncredited director of Thief of Baghdad, and he directed 63 movies. Liked The Jungle Book too, also with Sabu. Love Sabu, and would gladly wade through all his movies, probably. How sad that he died suddenly at 39! Korda and his brothers were huge in the British film industry and notable for some major productions with high production values. Maybe the Kordas paved the way for Merchant Ivory and Masterpiece Theater.