Thread: a little princess!

juba Guest

a little princess!

has anyone seen his previous movies? i particularly like a little princess--the sets are amazing! the shots! woohoooooo! and i hear he may be helming the potter series after christopher columbus.

OTHER MOVIES BY ALFONSO CUARON

I've seen "Great Expectations." I can't remember much of it now other than Miss Habersham's being a southern place, and the meeting of Ethan and Gwenyth at the water fountain, and the scene where Gwenyth takes all her clothes off in front of Ethan and seems so confident. In retrospect I can see Cuaron perceives things in a very sensuous way--the water fountain meeting is very sexy and original. But it's not as personal a film as "Y Tu Mama.."

had no idea.

I saw a little princess on cable a year ago. What a different movie than y tu mama and anything harry potter. This guys got serious wingspan.

juba Guest

wingspanindeed!

i'm kinda glad he's helming or maybe going to helm the potter series, he's so great in the little princess. i'm sort of addicted to pretty movies, so far my collection of pretty includes:

in the mood for love
    the little princess
    the circle
    nostalghia
    george washington
    amelie, as much as i didn't really like it
    va savoir
    scent of green papaya
    a number of ang lee movies

i'm sure there are more, what are yours?

Still havent seen In the mood for love.
    Wong Karwai is so awesome though. Happy Together was practically a cinematice revolutione as far as I could tell. I wish I knew more on your list (ill check them out). Amelie is definitely beautiful. Whats not to like about it though? Its simple I guess but beautifully done.

Your Ang Lee choices have to include Ice Storm, which must be see on screen.

juba Guest
    amelie, i felt, was a little too schticky--having said that, i like most schtiky, twee movies--wes anderson's stuff, adrenaline drive, what have you... ice storm was gorgeous, but crouching tiger was awesome... id on't care if it WASN'T accurate, it was beautiful....