SPOILERS AHEAD

Wargames - Just watched this again for the first time in about 15 years. Came out in 1983 - Mathew Broderick and Ally Sheedy, Dabney Coleman and John Wood. A computer unleashes an apparent nuclear war simulation... (spoiler ahead)... only to find that "war is futile". There is and can be no winner. The computer learns this from playing itself in tic-tac-toe. Now sure, this is a nuclear war simulation but the basis of it's conclusion is that no amount of human loss is justifiable, and given a scenario where human loss is perceived to be justifiable, there is really no end to what can happen. Things escalate, more people die and you eventually have to decide to stop or continue. Some people die and you stop or more people die and you continue until you stop because too many people have died...

A very interesting movie for our times. Interesting to me that the vey strange "I Channel" was playing this tonight. The "I Channel" is the former PAX Network which is some kind of Christian network or something... anyway, that's it for tonight,

imdb link to WarGames

Peter