Hey Oscar. Yeah, I've missed you guys too. Just been really busy this year...haven't seen as many films at the theater as I would have liked, but I have kept up a pretty good stream of Netflix inflow/outflow. Also been reading more Shakespeare, so that doc sounds interesting. (BTW, my girlfriend moved here from Miami, so I haven't been to south Florida in a while...hope things are well there...)

Thanks to Netflix, I've caught up with all or most Altman films available on DVD. Fool for Love is pretty mediocre. Altman's got some misses, I'll admit that (as opposed to Kubrick, who put out gem after gem...). I did finally see Popeye, which cracked me up. I can see the brilliance of the film, the joy and innocence Altman sees in the character. But I can also see how it's not anything like what the Hollywood studio would be expecting. Altman got a bad rap that way.

O.C. and Stiggs is crazy. I'll try to write a review soon. I really do recommend it. Again, it's an example of the studio expecting a genre film from Altman, only to get something entirely different. Altman making an 80's teen film, no way! But this one's pretty good, and it's also got Dennis Hopper playing off his Apocolypse Now character. Good stuff.

Nashville and McCabe are masterpieces. M.A.S.H. and Short Cuts are really, really good. Maybe I ought to give M.A.S.H. more credit because it was such an original, groundbreaking film. Brewster McCloud and O.C. & Stiggs are fun, crazy films.

Altman was one of a kind. We'll never see the likes of him again.