The issue in my mind is, that Our Daily Bread is based on a concern about how food is produced on a mass scale. My argument is that this is a cause, that the filmmaker wants to convince people food production should be put back on a more human scale; but his method is so artistic and abstract that his film style undercuts his effectiveness. I cited Michael Moore as a contrary example, because Moore makes clear overt statements to advance his causes, whereas Geyhalter says nothing in words, providing no narration and hardly any verbal guidelines.

I told you I read the interview with Geyhalter in the NYFF press kit before I wrote my review of Our Daily Bread. I don't feel it gives me any reason to change my discussion of the film or left me with anything to ponder.

I was not scolding you; there's nothing to indicate that. I was just suggesting really here one can change one's opinion not just based on facts but on a good counter-argument. I'm sorry if sometimes my way of expressing myself sounds provocative. I would welcome your counter-argument, should you want to discuss the film.